Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Tuesday Morning Sketch #437



Welcome to another Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge. This week we're working on sketch #437 which happens to be an older sketch #396 designed by Melissa and a favorite chosen by our team member Janice.


Here's the card I made using the sketch and some long unloved dsp from the DCWV Linen Closet paper pad. I strayed again from the original sketch and added my 3 gemstones to the top of the card rather than the horizontal panel, merely because it looked more balanced to my eye. I die cut a PTI Soft Stone circle with MFT stitched circle dies and added a die-cut Hello sentiment by Taylored Expressions to that circle. I cut the sentiment twice from the PTI cardstock and once from the dsp, stacking them for a little dimension. The lace is by May Arts, and the border was done with a (r) SU! scalloped border punch. It's all on a PTI Soft Stone card base.

Now it's your turn to play along! Janice is offering this great prize to a lucky participant this week...


Have fun playing with us and don't forget to stop by the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge Blog to see what my DT members have made to inspire you. They've put together some amazing creations this week!

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Tuesday!

Carol

17 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great interpretation of the sketch and a great the hello, a fab card.
Faith
x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful sketch! The paper is dreamy and I love the touch of cotton lace that you added. Stay dry... quack quack.

jimlynn said...

Oh wow!!! Carol, this is so pretty. I LOVE IT!!! Also love that sketch. I've been struggling on and off (mostly off) to come up with a sketch of an imagine I have and this may just be the sketch it needs. I love your gorgeous card!
Lynn

Jenée said...

Wonderful, wonderful card. I do like the soft color scheme. I, too, owned that paper pad. It was a good one! I also like your Tailored Expression "hello." What a fun look. Again, you've made a wonderful card!

Janice M said...

I just LOVE this card Carol!! From the pretty paper (which I have around here somewhere too I believe) to the lace you paired with it. I like the use of the die cut sentiment and the placement of your bling.

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card! great job with the sketch!

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, pretty pastel colours and lovely papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This cards very elegant my friend, great interpretation of the sketch ad love the touch of lace!
Hugs!

Stampsnob. said...

This is really nice . I am always too busy through the day to go to challenges and get caught up in the evening I never think to check out this one ..Lis

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautifully constructed and your choice of pattern papers and colors are awesome.

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this sketch...fabulous designed card. [aNNie]

Wendy said...

Great sketch and what pretty papers you used, Carol! That design just makes your papers pop all the more! Love the sentiment panel and all the added rhinestones! SO PRETTY! Great job and TFS! :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such a great card and one of my favorite paper packs. Although I often just look at it instead of using it, lol.

Barb said...

It's a really beautiful card Carol. The paper is very pretty and fresh and I really like the piece of lace. Barbxx

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!! I love the colors, papers, and touch of lace!! Beautiful!!

scrappymo! said...

Very pretty card, Carol.I am going to check out this sketch challenge.

Melissa Craig said...

This is my absolute favorite paper stack. I love the soft blues and kraft throughout the whole stack. I also like the die cut sentiment. Looks just like another fabulous card by Carol. :0)