Monday, July 17, 2017

Christmas Card


 I found this card on Pinterest and wanted to case it so here's my version.

I pulled out a SNSS grunge borders stamp set I've had for years (and never used) and discovered one stamp that looked like a plank of wood! I used that stamp to make the wooden background by stamping on a kraft card base with different shades of earthy distress inks. Next I hand-cut the red and green banners and added a SB die-cut circle of retired SU! Christmas dsp, placing a strip of stamped kraft cardstock on top. The trees were made by stamping on snippets of red and green with Versamark and a retired SU! flannel background punch, then heat embossed with clear ep. I used a SU! tree punch to cut them and popped them up on foam tape. The "merry" was die cut with vanilla cardstock and a Sunny Studio die. I kept wanting to add more to this card, but ultimately decided to leave it alone and not over-embellish since it has a slight grunge look that I like.

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:

CHNC #342 - Christmas - optional to use a die cut

CHNC Challenge Extra for July 2017- Christmas anything goes


Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a great week ahead!

Carol


17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous design Carol, pinterest sure is good for ideas...great job.x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Lovely card, done with the traditional Christmas colors. I am sure liking that wood grain pattern you use for the background. Awesome!

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Carol, such a fabulous design and great traditional colours.
Pauline
Crafting with Cotnob
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I do like the distressed country look of this card. It is just my style. TFS!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great texture and design, love the traditional colours, a Great card.
Faith
x

Jean said...

Fabulous traditional colours here Carol. Great card design, I love the wood grain stamp and the pretty DP.
Jean x

JD/ Jill said...

Great Case if that lovely card!

Janice M said...

Oh I like this one too! I don't have that type of tree die but might have to see if I have something that will work and give this one a go sometime!

Claire said...

Great card, I love the bright red & green trees that you've set against a fab woodgrain background, it rwally makes them pop x

Liz said...

Great design, Carol, great CASEing of the one you saw in Pinterest. xx

Barb said...

A lovely contemporary card Carol and I really like the layout. Barbxx

Wendy said...

Goodness, this is awesome Carol! Love the sketch but also love the feel of this with the hardwood stamp and those trees! So pretty! You are doing a fine job on getting Christmas cards in the works before the holidays get here! I made 1 so far! LOL

Stampsnob. said...

Sorry but I have to copy this,,,,,,,,,,,,, .Lis

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card at CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenge extra for July!
Monica - DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This Christmas card has an adorable rustic feel! Fab design!

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Hope to see you again in August

Helen x