Thursday, May 25, 2017

Unicorn


I used a unicorn digital image by Spyders Corner for my card today, coloring it lightly with Copics from the W family. For the mane and tail, I used a blender pen and my pretty in pink and bashful blue ink pads for some subtle color, then added Nuvo glitter drops for some sparkle. I spread the glitter glue around with a toothpick to fill in all those spaces. The border punch was pulled from my doo-dad box (a previous cut that was never used) and I added a couple glitter dots to the center holes on the edges. The rainbow was done with Lil Inker dies, and the digital printed sentiment is by TiddlyInks.


Here's a close up of the glittery tail with the pastel pink and blue colors beneath it. It looks much nicer IRL.

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:

the Little Red Wagon challenge #395 - Unicorns and Rainbows



Thanks for the visit and I wish you a wonderful day ahead!

Carol

16 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a lovely unicorn.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Carol, what a cute card, the unicorn is coloured just perfectly, love the rainbow too.xx [aNNie]

Wendy said...

What a great digi image, Carol! Love how you colored it and added the sparkle! Your diecut rainbow is the perfect addition to the unicorn along with the sentiment! Super adorable!!!

Jean said...

A very cute unicorn Carol, I love the glittery tail and mane and the pretty rainbow.
Jean x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fab colouring Carol, and love the sparkling tail and mane, such gorgous effect! Sweet pastel colours, and the wonderful rainbow in the corner is sooo pretty!! Great design!

Jeanne H said...

What a fun and pretty card! Love it.

Wanda said...

Love the unicorn and the softness you have created with your coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Nice job! I saw that LRW challenge and said Phooey, since my unicorn die has not arrived as of yet. You did great finding that digi image.... I may have to look through my stash, also. Love that sparkly tail hair.

Debbie said...

So cute! I like the sparkly mane and tail!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Love this card...perfect for young ones

Stampsnob. said...

Love the rainbow and unicorns should have a little glitter sparkle ..Lis

Brenda said...

Well isn't this a fun card for a girl?!! I love how you did your unicorn's mane and tail, so pretty and shimmery! Love the rainbow too, well done Carol! How are you liking all this rain??? I hope it soon ends and we can have some sunshine for once! lol Hugs, Brenda

Janice M said...

Love the sparkle and rainbow you added Carol! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Heather said...

Such a pretty unicorn and rainbow card. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Lovely Unicorn and rainbow, love how you put things together.
Faith
x

Spyder said...

Fabulous Carol! I would lovev to use him in the store so please go choose any digi and email me your choice
Lyn