Friday, December 12, 2014

Rudolph Knows Santa!


I've been having fun making these little Rudolph faces for cards and tags, so I made one for the Unity FWF challenge today. I started with an old manila folder and cut it into pieces for tags. I embossed this one with a Sizzix ef, and sponged on vintage photo ink. I added a piece of ribbon, a couple snippets of dsp, and then Rudolph - cut from a SU! owl punch with googly eyes, and a big red shiny nose done with cardstock and glossy accents. I hand-drew the mouth with a brown marker. The antlers were done with a Quickutz easter chick die, and the sentiment is by Unity. I doubled this tag up with another tag on the back to make it sturdy and sent it to the grands to hang on their tree after signing and dating the back.

Christmas is sneaking up on us full speed now, so I'm thankful most everything I wanted to do is done.............well almost :) I still have some shopping to do :)

Have a wonderful day and thanks for popping in!!

Carol

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! I love the textured background.

Donna Hanley said...

These are just precious, Carol. I am still smiling about that sentiment. Wonderful idea to use this as an ornament for the tree. Something the grand kids will have forever. I'm glad you are almost done, but I am just starting. I just bought my first gift and sent out cards a few days ago and I have so much more to do. It's a good thing we have a small family so not too, too much to buy for, but I am waaaaay behind schedule. Unfortunately they are all getting store bought tags on there gits this year. If I had time, I would CASE yours, but maybe next year. Enjoy your day.

Jennifer said...

Very cute card. I love making critters from that owl punch.

Benzi said...

Oh, you are being so creative with the owl punch and now the Easter chick die for antlers. This is just the cutest and I'm betting the grands will be so happy for it to be on the tree.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love that sweet reindeer and the sentiment is perfect!

Ruby said...

Very cute tag.

Hettie said...

You have done it again Carol. I love this!
Great tags.
xxx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I bow to the tag master! You have been kicking some holiday butt with these creations! Too cute!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I know Santa's cousin! My friend Ed has a bit of a Santa look about him so he claims to be Santa's cousin. Hee hee. Love this tag with the embossed background and bit of ribbon. Very woodsy.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Another adorable owl disguised as Rudolph :-))
Fabulous creation, love the embossed and distressed manila with the lovely lace!

jimlynn said...

Carol, they're going to love this hanging on the Christmas tree! SO cute an love the embossed and sponged background. Of course little Rudolph is just precious!
Lynn

Doreen said...

Love this,fab texture.xxx

Brenda said...

Christmas IS sneaking up really fast Carol! I am loving your tag, what a great way to recycle the file folders too. This Rudolph is sure to delight the grands!! Hugs, Brenda

Tracy said...

Adorable .... how cute he is...One to treasure! ♥♥♥♥

Mrs A. said...

A gorgeous remake of the owl die. Your Rudolph is fab. Hugs Mrs A.

Denise Bryant said...

Absolutely adorable!

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful and brilliant card, with the most gorgeous image and colours added...love this one.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Really sweet!

Lagene said...

Great card! I love the woodgrain background!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

super cute! the woodgrain embossing is the perfect touch to this cute tag

LauraEva said...

Cute, cute, cute!!

Waving My Wand said...

oooh, lovin the texture

nwilliams6 said...

Super cute - love the sentiment too. Hugz

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute.