Saturday, July 2, 2011

What Does Freedom Mean To You?

If you noticed the big announcement in the previous post, then you already know there's an Independence Day virtual card making party going on over at the Stars & Stamps blog today & tomorrow. The festivities have already begun, and you'll find lots of inspiration and challenges along the way to get you started! You'll find blog candy along the way, and different challenges posted every 2 hours today & tomorrow, so stop by the Stars & Stamps blog often this weekend!

Today I'm giving you a challenge to create a card using an image or sentiment that represents what FREEDOM means to you! The card I made today will be an ""any hero" card going into my next OWH box.

I chose this gorgeous bald eagle free digi image from Crafty Journal for my card, because every time I see an eagle, I automatically think of how proud I am to be a citizen of the US where we are blessed to live in freedom! I'd like to give a grateful shout out to all of our military men & women who have served, as well as those who continue serving this country, to ensure that our freedom remains in tact! Without them, we wouldn't even be celebrating Independence day this weekend!!

I colored this image with Copics and matted it with labels 10 and a top note die. Of course I used the good old red, white & blue flag colors to compliment this majestic creature! The sentiment is from Marks Finest Papers. The background was done with the CB star embossing folder.

I know this is probably a very busy holiday weekend for most of you, but after you barbeque the chicken and have a smore or two, please try to take a little time to play along with any or all of the challenges you'll find during this virtual card-making party! Our soldiers really appreciate the cards we make and send to them! They'll also be announcing the winners of the second million challenge, so you won't want to miss a thing!

Have a safe and fun Independence Day weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Carol



25 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful image and such a gorgeous card Carol! Love those clouds too!!!!! Really like how you "framed" the image using that die.
Lynn

Brenda said...

Beautiful card, can't wait to create a card for your challenge.

Carol said...

Some of my favorite cards to make are patriotic cards with the good old red, white and blue. Great card!

Susan S said...

nice card - thanks for the challenge!!

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Carol! I love that image and it's colored beautifully!! Fantastic details and clouds! :)

Jennipher said...

Carol, your card is phenomenal! Such wonderful detail and patriotic color.

Nancy Keller said...

What an awesome digi stamp! I love it, and that is the most perfect, beautiful patriotic card! Thanks for sharing!

Dixie Cochran said...

Carol, your card is magnificent! I really like your challenge too!

One Scrappy Gal said...

Wonderful card! Wonderful theme! Thank you.

Shannon White said...

Wow Carol! This is so Fabulous! Love the image and your clouds are Fantastic!

Hope you and your family have a Wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Hugs
Shannon

JD/ Jill said...

This is definitely a WOW card, Carol...really like what you did here.

Sarah said...

This card is stunning!

LadyAmberSkye said...

Thanks for the challenge.

Lisa Oliver said...

Thanks for a great challenge and your card is beautiful. I chose to use an eagle as well.

Lisa Oliver
www.stampingwithamission.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love to make patriotic cards. Thank you for this challenge!

Unknown said...

I love to make patriotic cards. Thank you for this challenge!

Susan said...

being patriotic is NEVER a challenge to me, I love it!! I am very proud of our country and it's history (for the most part--not too happy with slavery or the treatment of the rightful Americans) The revolution is my favorite part of America's history. That is what i was going for with my card. Thanks for the fun :)
Susan

Susan said...

OOOPS, forgot to say that your card is GORGEOUS!!
Susan

Carol L said...

Dabbing a tear from my eye and SALUTING you, once again - not ONLY because you are so talented, patriotic and inspirational, but you've got your VERY own linky-challenge going on and I am DELIGHTED! I hope, hope, hope I can crank out a lil' something to play along, but *sniff* if not, just know that I THINK YOU are spectacular and I'm blessed that I have the FREEDOM to have met someone as darling as yourself! Once again, have a SUPER 4th of July! xoxoxoxo! Owwww - nearly forgot, just like Susan, above me... YOUR CARD: proud, beautiful and splendid - like YOU!

The above comment was left by Elise and I inadvertently hit the reject button instead of the publish button. Blogger doesn't give you any options to correct your mistake so I'm just pasting your comment so it isn't lost. I'm so sorry Elise :( It's been a long weekend :)

Girl4GodsGrace said...

Thanks for hosting this challenge! I really enjoyed this one. It let me share my heart. Blessings to you for a happy 4th.

Benzi said...

Carol, this is totally awesome! What a majestic bird and what a great job with this patriotic beauty.

Paula S. said...

Thanks for being and OWH party host this weekend and posting this great challenge! Red, White and Blue is my favorite color combo and this was probably my favorite of all these great party challenges to do.

Marsha said...

What a beautiful card. Rich bold colors. Great layout and accents.

Spyder said...

ohoo, what a lovely card, I've just found this and will try and jion in...freedom to me? probably a messy work desk! And shh! we have an eagle down here in the South of England, they usually fly up in mountains Scotland, not down here! Ssh don't tell anyone, or the bird twitchers will be on the look out and might scare it off!!
(Lyn))

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a bold and attention demanding patriotic creation....wonderful