Saturday, August 21, 2010

MFP Speedy the Cat's Friends #17

The challenge over at MFP's Speedy the Cat's Friend's challenge is to create a harvest card. I started with glossy cardstock, and embossed a variety of leaf images with gold. I sponged the panel with various colors of inks to resemble the colors of autumn. I added a piece of pomegranate ribbon with a die cut of a couple acorns that were also embossed with gold ep. I went around all the edges of the card and mat with a gold deco pen. The sentiment is from a $1 stamp set I found at Michaels.
Wishing you all a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by:)

Carol

13 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...wow....wowza.....this is autumnal beauty at its best....regal and vibrant...thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

Denise Marzec said...

GOODNESS gracious, that's GORGEOUS!! Lovin' all the gold embossing....wit whewwww! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

I really love the variety of colors you sponged on the background; looks fabulous with the gold embossed leaves!

Liz Williams said...

WOw, Carol this is gorgeous. Love the gold embossing on this and those little acorns look wonderful dangling there on your card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this bright colored Fall card! You did a fab job! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Anke said...

Wonderful card Carol, great embossing.

Have a nice sunday
Anke

Heidi said...

Beautiful Card! Love the gold embossing and all the wonderful fall colors! That little acorn doo dad is the cutest thing!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This just makes me want to go play in the leaves! I love it!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so pretty!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so beautiful...I love the gold embossing.

Joanne Travis said...

The colors and gold embossing are so rich and gorgeous!!!
How beautiful this is for fall!
Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

Deanna said...

very pretty. I am not in love with autumn......... cause I hate to see summer go, but your card is just beautiful. Love the gold embossed leaves. Nice that they are not solid so you can see the pretty colors peaking thru.