Sunday, January 31, 2010

FS156 ButterflyEars

I've mentioned that I don't usually stamp on Sundays, but I seem to be contradicting myself again don't I? LOL I saw that Nicole aka ButterflyEars was the featured stamper today, so I couldn't resist playing along. She's long been someone whose work I admire, and when I found this creation done in purple (my favorite color) I knew I had to CASE it!
I changed the stamp, the horizontal border, and I added some ribbon and a padded brad. I used the Flourishes Calendar 2 set and stamped the iris with versamark and embossed it with white ep. I colored it with prismacolor pencils and Goo-gone. I colored the 4 white button brads with versamark and dipped them in lavender ep and embossed them to match. I used the same CB button ef that Nicole used on her card. The scalloped border was done with a SU punch, and the silk ribbon is from Sharon Johnson's store. The papers are by Prism, in Majestic Purple light and medium shades.
Nicole also has her own blog if you want to visit her there. She's such a thoughtful person who always leaves great comments, and I know she'd love it if you played along too :) Congrats Nicole, WTG!!!
Enjoy your Sunday and make it a meaningful one :)

Carol

5 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

this is such a wonderful creation! Love the cb buttons. I have forgotten how to emboss them without getting the edges embossed too...what is your trick?

Denise Marzec said...

Love the embossed buttons and button brads. Gorgeous, Carol!

Joanne (jojot) said...

a stunner

Anonymous said...

What a beauty! I love your coloring on this and those embossed buttons! Wonderful job, Carol! :)

ButterflyEars said...

Carol, I was so shocked to see that I was FS. Can you believe it.
I almost missed going on the computer yesterday, I had a car accident on Thursday and I'm pretty banged up. I'm OK though.
You have case one of my favorite cards and I really love what you've done with it.
I'm glad that you kept the purple color. I think the Iris's are so beautifully colored, the embossed buttons and the real ones look awesome and I love the ribbon treatment so much.
Thanks so much for taking the time to case me.
Hugs, Nicole