Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Perfect Sentiments Challenge #28

Challenge #28 over at the Perfect Sentiment blog is to create a card with a sentiment that lets someone know you're thinking of them, and to use monochromatic colors. The pink papers are from a pack someone gave me, and they're called "the sugared collection" but I have no idea who makes them. My neutral color is cream-colored cardstock which perfectly matches the colors in the dsp. I did some faux stitching with a Spica glitter pen, and added a sentiment from the  SNSS Poppies & Greetings set. The pink gemstones are part of a great prize I won from Pizzazz Aplenty. If you wonder how I made the panels, I drew the design on copy paper, then cut the pieces out and used them as templates. This will be going into my next OWH box, as they always have a need for this type of card.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope your day is a great one!

Carol

9 comments:

  1. a very nice card you did a great job on this challenge thanks for playing along with the perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done Carol, I like the technique you used...and of course, I like the color...smile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty design...LOving your colour too...Thank you for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment this week.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super template you drew and it made a beautiful card, Carol. You're being so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card design! Your colors go great together-perfect for our challenge @ The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card. I like your faux stitching. Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love LOVE the starburst pattern with the DP! The soft pinks are so soft and girly. I've never tried that but I SOOOOOO need to. Cards with that technique are so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a unique design and such a fun take on our monochromatic challenge. Thanks for sharing at The Perfect Sentiment. We love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I love that layout that you used and the papers are so perfect for this. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be concerned when word verification appears. You don't need to type in the numbers. Just type your comment, then hit "publish" and you'll bypass the word verification.
Thanks for taking time to leave comments, they're always appreciated :)