Friday, March 5, 2010

Thinking of You

I've been working with this color combo for a few days now and trying to use up the overwhelming collection of scraps I have. I used a piece of Kaiser black and white DP along with a piece of really red SU! dp. I also used basic black, really red, and PTI white cardstocks The sentiment is by Just-Rite and was colored with markers before stamping. The outer ring was stamped with Versamark on black cardstock and embossed with white ep. I used a scalloped border punch on the edges and mats, and added a few black Kaiser pearls in 2 different sizes. I topped it all off with a piece of red grosgrain ribbon tied in a knot. This is one of my favorite go-to sketches for a quick and simple card.
Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a fantastic weekend!!!

Carol

5 comments:

  1. Oh My Word...the design...sketch...whatever, is just beautiful for the black and red...I am gonna have to CASE this one...Good goin girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card...color, design, sentiment. A winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate/love scraps! Can't throw them away...dang...Love this color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "dumping {old} tackle" where card making is concerned! This is a brilliantly created card, Carol! I adore your work!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be concerned when word verification appears. You don't need to type in the numbers. Just type your comment, then hit "publish" and you'll bypass the word verification.
Thanks for taking time to leave comments, they're always appreciated :)