Thursday, January 17, 2019

CAS Valentine



I've had this Simon Says Stamp Heart Parade die in my collection for quite some time and decided it was time to dust it off and use it again. I die cut it 3 times, once in white, and twice using 2 different matching SU! designer papers. I alternated the dsp pieces as I placed them back into the die and heat-embossed a Unity sentiment with white embossing powder. The only embellishment I added was a tiny Hero Arts heart-shaped gemstone to finish this one. I put a Valentine sentiment inside and called this one down.

I'm sharing it with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to make a Clean and Simple (CAS) card. This is about as CAS as I'm able to get :)

Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a great day whatever you do!

Carol

17 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really pretty! I love the different papers you picked for the heart insides.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, I love red and white together.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I REALLY LOVE this card, so beautiful in every way.
Faith
x

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful CAS card Carol. Love dies like this that you can add different dp's to for a fabulous result.

Stampsnob. said...

Now that is really pretty …..Lis

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fabulous design and that is a great die you used. The sentiment is so sweet too.

Liz said...

Love this design, Carol and the sentiment is lovely. xx

Mrs A. said...

Super design. The effect is gorgeous. hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Love love love this die and gorgeous card....think I need this die..xx

Brenda said...

Oh Carol, I am so loving this beautiful card!!! It is CAS but so stunning to me. I have loved this die for so long now, I think I need it. lol But besides your die and those beautiful papers you used, I am in love with that sentiment! Is this die cut hard to get out of the die? If so how do you make it work? I have a prayer one that I can't hardly get out without messing it up. So was wondering. Hugs, Brenda

Wendy said...

So pretty, Carol! Love that row of paper pieced hearts and that beautiful sentiment! Simple design makes creating cards much easier and this one is perfect! TFS and stay warm! :)

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow really love these interlocked hearts especially with the different pattern papers throughout! Really gorgeous CAS design! HUGS

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable design for your CAS, Carol, it's so clean and impressive!! The inlay on the hearts looks delicious and that tiny heat finishes the card perfectly!!
Hugs!

crafty-stamper said...

WOW stunning CAS card love love love the heart die,your choice of papers and beautiful sentiment
Carol x

JD/ Jill said...

Elegant looking Valentine!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You did great with the clean and simply design. I remember when you got that die and you have showcased it's pretty style.

Janice M said...

Oh I LOVE that row of hearts die ALOT! Makes for some pretty and CAS cards.