Saturday, February 24, 2018

Mosaic Christmas Tag


I love to use up tiny bits of leftover dsp by cutting them in random shapes and creating mosaic backgrounds. I started with a strip of vanilla cardstock, and ran it through the zyron to coat it with adhesive, then randomly placed the bits of dsp, leaving spaces between them. Once the piece was covered, I sprinkled gold embossing powder all over it and heat-embossed it, adding that touch of gold. I used a SU! scalloped top border punch to cut the tag along with a corner rounder punch to do the bottom corners, then added a die-cut star made from glittered gold cardstock and a Quickutz "cookies" star die, placing it on the top portion of the tag. I added a strip of vanilla diagonally that was stamped with a retired SU! sentiment done in Hunter Green, then added some metallic gold ribbon along with some narrow dark green ribbon tied into a bow on the top of the tag. The star-shaped gemstone has been in my stash for years I tell ya, years!!

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:

Dies R Us challenge - TAG! you're it! - make a tag and use a die-cut

Craftyhazelnut's CHNC 374 - a/g Christmas creation - option to use some gold


Thanks for stopping by and as always, have yourself a great day!

Carol

19 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a gorgeous tag, Carol! Love the colors and the pops of gold! Your embossed star steals the show and I love the pretty green ribbon you used to finish this beauty! Love it! TFS and have a happy Saturday! Hugs~

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful holiday tag Carol!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘TAG you’re it’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

jimlynn said...

The mosaic background on this is so pretty! Love the choice of paper too. The big star just tops it off perfectly.
Lynn

Sherri said...

Gorgeous tag! Perfect for that special Christmas present! Thanks for joining our "Tag, You're It!" challenge at Dies R Us!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable tag Carol!! I always love your mosaic works, they are a genial way to use the tiny snippets and I always think that I want do it too!! :D You are always a great inspiration, thanks so much for sharing your clever ideas!!

Jenée said...

Beautiful card, Carol. I like the soft pink and brown color palette. The pearls are especially a lovely addition. Great work, as always!

Claire said...

How clever, I love the mosaic effect and its so striking with the gold embossing in between. Brilliant way to use up scraps and the end result is great x

cotnob said...

A pretty tag Carol, I love your mosaic background and sparkly star.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh what a wonderful way to use up paper, love the design a Super tag Carol.
Faith
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the colors.

Liz said...

Gorgeous tag, Carol. I love the mosaic effect. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous tag Carol, lovely combination.x[aNNie' blog]
 ❤️

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Dazzling stars on perfect backgrounds. I always love when you use this technique.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very neat way to add the embossing powder! I always love your mosaics, and this is no exception!

scrappymo! said...

Great idea! Wonderful and creative use of snippets!

JD/ Jill said...

Great tag! You did a wonderful job using that technique. (Must give it a try!)

Stampsnob. said...

How wonderful this turned out I need to use my xyron., I never think to ........Lis

Margaret said...

What wonderful use of you left over paper to make a mosaic background and what a lovely tag it has made. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
Hugs
Margaret M

Helen said...

Beautiful tag - very elegant.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Helen x