Friday, July 14, 2017

Cracked Pistachio Oxide Ink


I played with my Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio ink recently and made a simple thank-you card. The smaller panel was sponged with the ink and splashed with a few droplets of water. After it dried, I die cut it with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle. The SSS fresh daisies die was cut with white and placed on top. The sentiment panel was cut with a MFT label die and heat-embossed with white using a SU! teeny tiny wishes stamp. The background panel was sponged with ink over a Tim Holtz bubble stencil, and I pierced and distressed the edges, and connected the dots with a fine black marker. The card base was sponged with matching ink around the edges to coordinate with the main panel. The final touch was adding some Nuvo glitter drops here and there for a little sparkle.

I'm sharing this card with the Little Red Wagon challenge #402 which is "thanks bunches."

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

14 comments:

Wendy said...

SO pretty, Carol! I am loving the soft colors you used for this. I am becoming a fan of the sponged backgrounds! What an impact it makes! Your flower diecut is so delicate & lovely. Looks perfect! TFS and have yourself a nice day! Hugs~

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I would have thought that this was sewn in the background. The marker trick works great! I love the drops of water in the main panel echoed in your stenciled background. Very pretty card, I love this color!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card, Carol! Haven't purchased any of the oxide inks yet. They look like you can do some really neat techniques with them!

And by the way,Your comment on my blog... about the beach....smile...
You are so right...would love to get a beach day or two...It's been about 10 years since I've last been on a beach...and about 20 years or so before that...

Jean said...

This very pretty, I like the way the inked panel is echoed in the stenciled background. A lovely die cut flowers as well.
Jean x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Lovely card, Carol. Those Oxide Inks are really fun. Great background and stenciling.

*Vicki* said...

This is one of my favorite colors and you've done a stunning job playing with your oxide ink Carol! I love how just one color can give such stunning results too! Beautiful job my friend! HUGS

Cathy said...

Hi Carol, such a pretty card, this colour is lovely and I love the layers with so much texture, Cathy x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this and the cracked pistachio is gorgeous with the white flower...fantastic with the water droplets too.xx [aNNie]

Darnell said...

From the stitching to the sweet droplets, this card is stunning in the pistachio colors, Carol! I've been resisting those Nova drops, but you got me!! Hugs, Darnell

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Beautiful colors

Barb said...

This is such a lovely card. The colours are so pretty and fresh. I really like both backgrounds very much. Barbxx

Janice M said...

So soft and pretty! I just bought a couple of these style ink pads recently. Got them on sale at J's online and they didn't really have to colors I wanted in stock but....got a few any way to play with now to just do it!

Heather said...

So, so pretty and I really like the cracked pistachio colour. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So beautiful! Love the faux stitching all around the edges and the stenciled pattern! Well done!