Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Father's Day Mustang



I made this early Father's Day card for my husband and tucked it away until the special day arrives. I used a Tim Holtz "shattered" stencil and sponged assorted brown and blue distress inks through the stencil to create the background panel. The image is by Serendipity and I colored it with Copics, die-cutting with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle, matting with chocolate chip and adding a metal photo turn and brad. The sentiment is by SU! I know he'll like this card, because we used to own horses at one time and still have a great fondness for them.

I'm sharing this over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is to "stencil it" - use stencils.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a fantastic day whatever you do!

Carol

11 comments:

Barb said...

This is a stunning card Carol. The horse is beautiful and I love how you've coloured it. A fantastic background too and what a wonderful colour combo. Barbxx

Caryn said...

Stunning card - love the gorgeous image you used and your creative use of the stencil.. Great take on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday STENCIL IT Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

He is going to love this! That stenciled background is superb! Yes please, may I borrow it? LOL! I love sharing...

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my!!! This masculine card is breathtaking! Love, love it soooo much!! I have already admired the wonderful horse in another your beautiful card, but this one is just sensational! I pinned it
https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524482741403/
The stenciled background looks awesome, love the blending of blue and brown and such a fab touch is the metal photo turn with the brad! It seems as the door's clousure of the horse's house!! (sorry for my bad english, I hope my words are understood... )
I'm sure that your husband will LOVE your card, very much!!
Good luck with the challenge, you would deserve a win!

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely male card Liking the layering Lis

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Carol, such a beautiful image - a fabulous background and colours.
Pauline
x

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! That background looks incredible!! Love your stenciling and I think it goes really well with that image!! What a fabulous masculine card!! He'll love it I'm sure! :) HUGS

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very, very nice! No really, super awesome nice! I like that you use this stamp again from time to time. That always makes me happy. Such a fabulous card!!!

Jean said...

This is a super masculine card Carol, a gorgeous stamped horse image and great stenciled background.
Jean x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant colouring and creation...love that image..xx
{aNNie}

jimlynn said...

Super sensational! Love the image of course - so beautiful - but also love the way you did the stenciling on this. He's going to love it!
Lynn