Thursday, March 3, 2016

Easter Lamb


My SU! order arrived yesterday, and as soon as I opened the box and spotted  this Easter Lamb stamp, I got right to work making a card. I stamped the image on white and colored it with Copics, adding some liquid applique for some "fur." I die cut the focal image using a Nestability Beaded Oval die, and colored the "beads" with a BG10 marker while it was still in the die. I wove a narrow piece of white ribbon through the tiny holes and tied a tiny bow on the bottom. The panels and frame were all die cut with Lil Inker stitched rectangles using some double-sided Bazzill embossed cardstock and my Big Shot.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:


Cuttlebug Mania - Welcome Spring (use die cutting machine)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - add texture (fur on lamb)

Darnell's NBUS #6 - use something new (Easter Lamb stamp)

                                       

Thanks for stopping by and make it a fantastic day!

Carol

14 comments:

Barb said...

Carol this is absolutely adorable. I love the fur you've given your dear little lamb. He'd be lovely on a new baby card too or a "get wool soon" card.

I have got that oval die and never thought of threading ribbon through it. What a great idea. Barbxx

*Vicki* said...

What a precious little lamb Carol!! Love the texture and the ribbon woven through your scallop oval looks stunning!! Beautiful design with the colors and textures too!! HUGS

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wonderful card, Carol! You did a great job with the springy blue. I can not wait until my little lamb gets here! Fantastic assortment of challenges, also.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a cute fuzzy little lamb. This is very sweet.

Di said...

What a cute card Carol! I love that darling little lamb :)

Thank you for coming to play in the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge!

Hugs

Di xx

jimlynn said...

The Liquid Applique makes her look so fluffy and fun! Cute card and love the ribbon weaving.
Lynn

JD/ Jill said...

This is the sweetest card! I have that spellbinder die...I think you just inspired me again...

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

The liquid applique looks great, such a genial idea you have had! Your card is very fun with the fur of the cute lamb! Love how the panel and the frame match toghether, and another great idea was to colour the "beads" of the scallop panel with a marker, these look stunning! Fabulous make, very original! You are always very creative!

Jean said...

That scalloped oval die looks so pretty with the ribbon threaded through it, and the little spring lamb is adorable.a lovely card.
Jean x

cotnob said...

Such an adorable card Carol, your Easter Lamb is so sweet.
Pauline
x

Stampsnob. said...

Good thinking threading the ribbon through the die This is a very cute card .............Lis

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great texture! Adorable card.

Brenda said...

Awwww, this little lamb card is adorable Carol!! I love how your did his "fur". I also love how you did the SB bead frame, clever to add ribbon in it. Hugs, Brenda

Darnell said...

This is adorable, Carol! (I just won't show this post title to the Mister because he loves his "Easter lamb" for an altogether other and sad reason! I can't bear it myself, but then again, I do love Easter ham and pigs are cute, too! Sigh.) I just love how you gave your sweet lamb a woolly coat and a beautiful beribboned frame!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6!! Hugs, Darnell