Thursday, October 1, 2015

Survivor


I won the Words 2 Scrap by challenge in August, so I've been invited to guest design for the W2SB #22 challenge for October. The challenge is "fight like a girl." October is breast cancer awareness month, so I made a card for a survivor using a Unity image, colored with Copics and die cut with a SB Nestabilities labels 18. I used the colors of blushing bride and smoky slate, adding a strip of pink velvet ribbon and 2 color coordinated mini brads. I added some light pink stickles to the pink ribbon and stamped a Verve sentiment and called this one done. Thanks to Bobbi and Sybrina for asking me to guest design this month........I hope you'll play along and make a card for a survivor too.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great first day of October!

Carol

13 comments:

Barb said...

Many Congratulations Carol on being chosen as a Guest Designer. I think your card is lovely and perfect for this special event. Barbxx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I love this Unity stamp, and congrats on you GD position for this month. Happy October 1st.

Sybrina K said...

Carol,

Love your interpretation of our Fight-Like-a-Girl W2SB Challenge! We're so happy to have you join us as our Guest I-Teamer this month. :)

Liz said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot. A lovely CAS card. x

Penny Ward said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month at W2SB. hugs, :)

Lori Kobular said...

Congratulations on being a Guest Designer! How exciting! I love your CAS card, the butterfly is gorgeous!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Pink and gray... makes me day.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Congrats for your GD, Carol! This is a beautiful Cas for a good thought! Love the stickles on the stamped ribbon and the velvet "true" ribbon. Love pink and grey, too, it's so feminine!

Donna Hanley said...

This is a lovely card, Carol. I love the grey and pink together. I especially like those two little brads. Fine touch.

BobbisTreasure said...

The ribbon on your card base and the pearls in your colors add so much to your project. Well done!! Thanks for being such a wonderful guest at W2SB!!!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, such an elegant design.
Pauline
x

JD/ Jill said...

Congrats on your guest design spot! Great card design!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful image and card, love the added pink ribbon too, very symbolic.