Saturday, August 23, 2014

More Altered Books



Here's another set of altered composition books I made for my youngest granddaughter. This wee one is in pre-school, but I made her a set of her own matching books just like the ones I posted here for her bigger sister. I used another Sarah Kay image and this time added her name to a little banner using SU! hearts-a-flutter framelits with SB labels 18 and some acrylic alphabet blocks by Doodlebug Designs. I added some punched flowers, flourishes and tiny gemstones. The image was matted with SB labels 25 dies, and the checkered border is a sticker I've had since my scrapbooking days. The paper is another great score from Tuesday Morning that my friend Mary Anne shared with me.


This is the matching mini composition book. I used the same dsp as above, and flipped a piece to the solid side for the "binding" and embossed it with a SU! square lattice ef. I added a strip of ribbon, 2 IO die cut "buttons" and a little twine bow and called this one done!

I hope the girls like them and they feel special knowing they have one-of-a-kind fun school books for scribbling and/or fun!

I'm sharing these over on the Snippets Playground #139 as well as the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - "back to school."

That's it for me today, but here's wishing you a fabulous weekend! Thanks for stopping by!


Carol

15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Carol this is just adorable...love your little design and cute added beauties...The Journey is the Start

Benzi said...

Guaranteed to love this....these things mean so much to the little ones. It makes them feel so special. Good job on these, Carol. I need to quit making cards for a bit and do something like this for my munchkins.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ohhh... what a beautiful cover- books! I think your granddaughter like them!!

jimlynn said...

She's going to love these to pieces! That paper you used is so cute and just perfect for her age too. Fantastic!
Lynn

Virginia L. said...

SO sweet! Love the details and images! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Back to School Challenge!

Crafty Judith said...

Wow Carol hun loving these what a great idea fabulous work hugs Judith x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous project, I'm sure she'll love it! I do!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Brenda said...

Aww, these are just so sweet Carol! I'm sure the girls will cherish them. Hugs, Brenda

Elizabeth said...

these are just adorable, Carol, and I'm sure the little one will love having her very own notebooks. Elizabeth xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

These books are great. I really love that patterned paper, so appropriate for kids back to school. I start tomorrow, do I get one?? ;-)

JD/ Jill said...

These are just so sweet! I'm sure that they will think they're just as adorable as I do...

Jessi Fogan said...

There is nothing quite as exciting as having your name on something when you're a kid :) SO cute - and what perfect papers!

Di said...

Gorgeous books Carol! Gonna be well loved. Such a cute idea for little ones (and older ones) for the start of a fresh term.

Hugs, Di xx

Hettie said...

These are so cute Carol. You had better be careful or else all the Playground will want them too. Such sweet papers you have used.
Hugs
xx

MaryH said...

How very special for a tiny pre-schooler with all the images I am certain she adores. What a sweet Granma you are to make this just for her and let her have her own notebook just like her older sister. I'm sure she gave you a big hug for it. What memories you've made for her with this treasure. TFS