Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Heart is Yours


Here's a simple little card I put together after finding this heart-shaped ribbon slide in my box of die-cut elements that never got used. I made it with my Cricut and covered it with glossy accents to strengthen it. I used a piece of red gingham ribbon, plus a piece of black gingham ribbon tied to the top slot with some black twine. The burlap was a gift from my generous & thoughtful friend Mary Anne, and the sentiment came from an Inky Antics stamp set. I rounded the corners to give it a softer look, and this will go into my next OWH box of cards. I think I need to pull that Cricut cartridge out again and make a few more of these slides in assorted colors :) It's a great way to use up some ribbon (not that I have an over-abundance of it or anything!)

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Very cute! The little ribbon slide is just perfect with the gingham ribbons. Loving that burlap too!
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Very nice. Great use of the Cricut. love that burlap and your rounded corners. Enjoy the evening.

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice! I like how you used the burlap too. I have some sitting in my craft room. (Never used)...surprise surprise...Then I wonder why my craft is so full. too much unused stuff (and a lot from a long time ago)...just wish I some of your creativity.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a sweet card with a nice clean country feel. I love that open weave burlap ribbon. Awesomeness!

KT Fit Kitty said...

That's gorgeous - and so creative after you found the ribbon slide! Love the burlap too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh this is VERY sweet, Carol! I love how you threaded the ribbon through the heart charm and the tied ribbon on top!!

scrappymo! said...

This is very sweet. I think you should make more as this is so versatile to use!

Love the strip of hessian with that ribbon!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It looks like you remembered the trick I told you about for the bulap. What a nice, straight panel you created. I am so glad the clerk at JoAnn's told me about pulling a thread for a straight line. This card is so sweet, Carol. I do believe I have dies for ribbon slides. I must check that out! Can't wait to retire so I can play more!

nwilliams6 said...

This is so precious! Love the burlap and ribbon and sweet little heart. I LOVE this Carol. Hugz!

Brenda said...

I am so loving that heart ribbon slide Carol!! The red and black gingham is perfect with the burlap, which I adore and your sentiment is perfect! Now what Cricut card did you use to get this cute heart ribbon slide from?! Inquiring minds want to know. lol Hugs, Brenda