Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hearts & a Bird


I discovered a new-to-me challenge during a blog hop over the holidays and decided to play along with the January 2014 SFYTT over at ReverseConfetti. I used some pretty new soft green dsp I received as a Christmas gift from a sweet friend, along with some older dsp from the sugared collection. The image was a free pre-colored digi download from MeinLilaPark. The sentiment is from Unity, and I split it into pieces and stamped them on matching dsp from the sugared papers. I added some bling I've had in my collection forever. The pink panel was done with an older CB ef that matched the papers, but I'm sorry I don't know the name of the folder.

This card was made for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is "new beginnings" or something new. My something new is that cute bow punch I picked up for half price during a new year's sale. I layered it up with several different heart shapes and a silver heart-shaped doily. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn and was also embossed with silver. The white heart was cut with my Cricut and run through the paper crimper, while the black heart was done with a heart-shaped template from Fiskars. The small white heart was punched and I added a tiny black brad to the center to hold it all together.

That's all I have for today, but thank you for stopping by and spending a few minutes of your day with me!

Carol

7 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

I'm surprised after all that shoveling you still had enough energy to make two such darling cards. Well not really surprised, you always amaze me. Love how you did the sentiment on this first card and the paper and colors are very sweet. Your second card is just fabulous. I adore all the different hearts. I was thinking about getting that bow and I've seen it used twice now, so I'm going to have to get it on the top of that wish list. Stay into today, it's too cold to go outside.

nwilliams6 said...

Great bird card - super fun and that sketch is awesome! Lovely second card as well. Great creations my friend. Stay warm and hopefully the snow will stop soon! Hugz!

Benzi said...

What a cute and fun bird card, Carol. I think I have a stamp with that sentiment. The heart card is beautiful. I got a bow die for Christmas and hope to use it soon.

Hope you're staying warm during these frigid temps.

jimlynn said...

Over the top fantastic - on BOTH of these!!
Lovin' that precious little guy on the first card. So cute and just the perfect colors to go with him. Super cute card!
The second one is stunning! That heart is so beautiful and what a cute little bow! Fantastic cards!
Lynn

Susan (rainy) said...

Both cards are wonderful, Carol. I saw that sketch on the first card and was intimidated by it! lol You did a fabulous job though!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Annnnd.... now I have that terrible the bird is a word song stuck in my head. You are so evil! That bird is so silly though. It's a great saying to go with him. I love your heart card! It made me feel like it is all dressed up in a tuxedo for going a'courting.

Melissa Bove said...

The 1st card is super cute and the 2nd one is super pretty!! Love them both!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa