Saturday, December 14, 2013

More Christmas Cards


Here's my entry for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is "Let it Snow." I cut into this gorgeous piece of dsp I've had for a long time and finally made some cards with it. It has shades of light blue and beige, all swirled together with some gorgeous spatters & snowflake images. I matted it with a piece of beige cardstock, and added a felt snowflake with a matching blue snowflake brad in the center. The sentiment is an old wooden stamp I've had since I began stamping!



Here's another one I'm entering in the MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge #190 which is to use 3 different Christmas papers. I used 3 papers from the LillyBee Jingle pack, and added some embossed gold cardstock accents between the panels, and for the vertical banner. The sentiment was embossed in gold, and the candy cane image was fussy cut and popped on some Spellbinders circle dies. The bow was finished with some glossy accents.

We're bracing for another round of snow here in eastern PA today, so I'm staying indoors and will probably be in my craft room most of the day.......until it's time to shovel again that is :)

Stay warm, and make it a great day!

Carol

12 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--both of these cards are wonderful!!! I can't choose a favorite! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

jimlynn said...

Two more beautiful cards for Christmas. I love that paper you used in the first one. Very elegant and beautiful.
The second - well, love that DP too! Great design on these!!

Stay warm and hope you don't have to end up shoveling too much snow.

Lynn

StampTramps said...

Kudos, Carol, on using some hoarded paper! Great job on both.

Donna Hanley said...

Oh that paper on your first card is gorgeous. I can see why you've hoarded it a while. Loving that felt snowflake with the brad in the center. Your second card is just striking. That candy cane looks delicious backed by that red and white circle combo. Love all those papers and the layout of this one.
Don't shovel too much, you don't need to hurt your back.
Hugs,
Donna

Kathy Bradley said...

Two beautiful cards, Carol! Your first card has such soft and lovely DPs and your second card is another happy and lovely Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge.

Benzi said...

Such pretty papers, Carol, and you made gorgeous card with them. Love your big snowflake and pretty candy cane.

Snow shoveling? Living down south, I've never had to do that before. We've had a couple really bad ice storms. Hubby could hardly get the car out of the garage and when he finally did, he just parked it at the end of our long driveway.

wannabcre8tive said...

Carol, both cards are beautiful. I love the pretty papers with the first one, but the colors on the last one really catches my eye. Thanks, for joining us for the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge this week.

Sandy said...

Love both of the cards and I really love that they are simple but pretty!

MaryH said...

Two more lovely cards, that you've made maximizing those beautiful papers. I thought #1 was a foray into Dylusions until I read the post. It's very lovely paper and your treatment with the design was perfect to show off this pretty paper. I loved the bright colors & patterns on #2. You've combined the stripes & dots & stars wonderfully well to create such a festive background for that pretty candy cane on the solid banner. You're wonderful at picking patterns & colors. I bet you are a quilter! (or WERE a quilter?!). TFS & stay warm & safe inside.

Stampsnob. said...

Both lovely I love the first Lis SF&F

scrappymo! said...

Wow...the DP you used on that first card is gorgeous. Your snowflake is perfect with this as it lets the beauty of that paper shine through! The second card is lovely too. I like the design and this time your fussy cut image takes the stage!
Two wonderful cards!

stampingbowd said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!!! Love the papers you chose! Fun embellishments! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!