Thursday, April 4, 2013

Happy Birthday SSS!

Happy Birthday to Simon Says Stamp! They're celebrating their 4th birthday this week with a challenge to make a birthday card! I made this card a while ago and today seemed like the perfect time to post it. I used scraps of yellow, pink, orange and black to put this together, swapping the colored bits for an interesting look! I used a SB Lotus die, along with a SSS Delicate Dahlia die to create the medallion. The background was embossed with a Sizzix Hello Friend ef. The sentiment was done with a SNSS stamp, and I used a punched oval and 2 word window tabs along with mini brads. I used a black Spica glitter pen to add some accents between the diamonds on the embossed background. Very festive, no?!

With all of the snippets I used to put this card together, I'm also entering this into Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground #66.

Have a fabulous day, and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

11 comments:

Benzi said...

Beautiful card! You're the queen of putting those little pieces together and in such a pretty, colorful way.

Di said...

Fabulous card Carol - those colours work so well together and such a lovely design too. I take it the little tags aren't hiding anything? Wink :) Great use of snippety snippets!!

Hugs, Di xx

Jingle said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! I love the colors and the piecing! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Gorgeous card! Very artistic, those colors look great together. TFS

Mrs A. said...

Spectacular card. Love the vibrant colours. Hugs Mrs A.

jimlynn said...

I would have never thought those colors would go together and it's gorgeous!!!! Very pretty!
Lynn

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Just beautiful, Carol! Love when you start creating a puzzle!

Debs Willis said...

this is a great mosaic,lovely colours, and great snippets usage!
hugs, Debs x

Shannon White said...

Wowie!! Love these Cheery vibrant colors together!! Definitley a Very Happy Birthday card! And I need to find that Super EF!! Love this Miss Carol! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Carol, I love the colourful medallions Cathy x

RachelB said...

Gorgeous card!