Thursday, August 30, 2012

Using a 6x6 Paper Pad for Masculine Cards

There was a great tutorial on the OWH Stars & Stamps blog recently where Kristie M taught us how to use up those 6x6 paper pads. Count me among the numbers who have countless paper pads lying around, so I took this tutorial and immediately ran with it! A friend of mine who used to have an online store sent me a huge box of barely used 6x6 paper pads over a year ago, and in spite of sharing half of them with a friend, I still have most of them left.  I'm proud to announce that after seeing Kristie's tutorial, I used up an entire Basic Grey Granola paper pad to make all these cards for OWH! Here's a picture of the whole shebang of "Hello" and "Happy Birthday" cards.

I had some left-over strips of dsp that were too small to make anything substantial, so I trimmed them all down and created this herringbone background for the last card from that 6x6 paper pad. After I assembled it, I continued with the theme and embossed it with the CB herringbone ef and I was really happy with the way it turned out. The tan die cut shape was already cut and inside the paper pad when I received it, so I'm not sure which SB die was used to create it, but I used the SB labels four for the birthday sentiment, and added some mini brads for the finishing touch. I'm entering this card into the OWH Stars and Stamps Midweek Throwdown to create a masculine card.

That's one paper pad down, and 2 more shoe boxes to go! LOL I've won a lot of paper pads through blogging, and have bought quite a few of my own, but with this great tutorial, now I can finally USE them and clear out some much-needed space!

Have yourself a fabulous Thursday and keep smiling :)

Carol

19 comments:

Jen M said...

Wow! You did an amazing job and I love the herringbone background. SUPER cool. :)

Donna Hanley said...

Carol, This is fantastic. I love how you made many cards with one pad. Your designs are terrific. I love the herringbone card and the fact that you embossed it also. I am going to try with very soon. I know I keep threatening to do so, but I have made my mind up and will do with next week when I get back into a more regular routine of card making. Have a fabulous day. Talk Soon

jimlynn said...

Mercy me!!! You've been BUSY!! All of these are fantastic Carol and really like the paper. Great set of cards!
Lynn

Unknown said...

Wow, you really got an awesome group of cards out of that pad! What a bonus that they're all masculine too!es 6x6s and I'm not a big fan of them.

~ Kathy said...

LOVE those patterns, and wow - you're one fast card maker! {grin} This tutorial would also be a great way to create a bunch of kits for the next OWH party. hmmm - a kit making party to prep for the assembly party perhaps. LOL

Benzi said...

OMG, you are amazing. What a great stack of cards for a good cause. You are so fortunte to have gotten all those pads from your friend. Wow!
I love the herringbone card...just awesome!

Unknown said...

Love the embossing and use of the designer paper. Great cards. thanks for sharing.

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are awesome. Love the paper. Great masculine colors. That tutorial is good! Great way of using up your stash.

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic group of cards, Carol! I have tons of paper stash and need to take inspiration to use them up!

Bonnie said...

Hi, me again. I forgot to add that the herringbone pattern is awesome. I love that you embossed it too! Love that texture!

BobbisTreasure said...

Love, love, LOVE how you echoed the herringbone pattern with the embossing. What a productive day!

Beebeebabs said...

Wow such beautiful cards - love the choice of paper you did a great job tfs!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I can just hear that ATG squeaking away! LOL! You are one productive chick. My brain just can't think in that many multiples! I love them!

Sandy said...

What a great idea! I love how this turned out and you've inspired me to try this for the cards I make for the missionary care boxes. You always inspire me!

Dixie Cochran said...

That's amazing!!! I'm going to have to give this a try!

JD/ Jill said...

Carol, as Kathy, said in her post "You are one fast card maker!" I need lessons. LOL...I'm so slow and usually make one card at a time...You not only make cards in "quanity" you makes them "quality" Always so beautifully done!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

You go girl! So impressed!!!

Kim S said...

Amazing batch of cards!! I adore what you did with the last few scraps!!

Shannon White said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Miss Carol! Goodness you sure have been one Super Duper Busy Crafting Lady! What an Awesome collection of masculine type cards! And the herringbone BG card is Fabulous!! Love it! You have so inspired me my Sweet friend!, I am off to check out the tutorial! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon