Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. I doubt that any of them read my blog, but I send you all my best wishes for a wonderful day :)
Here's the sketch I used to make my card today - another great one from Susan @ Rainy Day Creations. I love the clean lines of this sketch, and a friend of mine just asked me to make a card for her brother, so I followed Susan's design to make this card...

I flipped the sketch to accommodate this fun digi image from Spyder's Corner called fish-fish. I colored the image with Copics to coordinate with the dsp and added some embossing and giant ric-rac from my sewing stash. I don't think the photo captured it very well, but I used glossy accents on the bubbles and fish lips just for fun!
If you have time, click the link above and play along with Susan's sketch challenge. I was the very lucky winner last week, and you could be the next one!
Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to do something special for that dad in your life - it's his day :)

Carol


stamps - Spyder's Corner digi fish-fish, computer generated sentiment
papers - MME on the Bright Side One dsp, black
accessories - SB So Trendy M-bossabilites ef, sanding block, SSS Hexagon border (3 black punch-outs), giant ric-rac, twine, glossy accents, Copics YR18, 15, 12 - BG70,18,13,11,10

8 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very cute... I think I have this fish!

jimlynn said...

PRECIOUS!!! Love the sketch and that DP you used, Carol! "Fin"tastic coloring on that fishy too! Love it!
Lynn

Denise Marzec said...

OMG, that fish with the big lips...cracks me up!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card...great coloring!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is adorable! What a great image. And I LOVE how you flipped the sketch! Thanks for playing along, Carol. So far you are the only one. That makes the odds pretty good in your favor when I draw names for the blog candy!! LOL

Benzi said...

Fin-tastic!!! Love that fish and the card is so cool and awesome.

Sue from Oregon said...

What a fun fish...and so happy to see Susan doing sketches. Hope to give it a try too!

Linda said...

What a fun take on Susan's sketch!