Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Birthday Rooster

My great Aunt will be turning 107 years old on July 10th, and this is her birthday card. She's always had a fondness for chickens and roosters and always had them running around happily on her former residence. I stamped a couple of these rooster images off when I was stamping with Mary Anne earlier this week, knowing exactly what I was going to use one of them for. The dsp is a very old piece from my stash by BoBunny and I embossed it with one of Mary Anne's ef's. I die cut the image and sentiment using SB labels 18 and 25 dies, & used the EK bricked punch and matted it with turquoise card stock. The lower border was done with a SNSS hearts die. A few black pearls from Pizzazz Aplenty were the finishing touch. I know she's going to love this one and I can't wait to help her celebrate her phenomenal birthday!

Wishing you all a fantastic evening and weekend! Thanks for stopping by :)

Carol

6 comments:

Shannon White said...

Aww Your Great Aunt is going to LOVE this Miss Carol! Wowie 107! That's Fabulous! 8-) Such a Pretty card and love the embossed dp's and Super sentiment panel and Sweet border too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Donna Hanley said...

Oh Carol, your aunt is going to love this. I wish I could meet her, she must really be something. That bricked punch is very nice with the blue background. Your heart border is such a sweet element for a 107th B-Day card. You put a lot of love and effort into this card that's easy to see, although you do that with all of your cards.

JD/ Jill said...

Great card...love that rooster and I'm sure she will too. Wish her a very Happy Birthday from me too.

Rufus said...

Wowsa, 107!! Give her congrats from me! No wonder she deserves such a great card! Think I've got the chicken, just did it up for a friend who's chicken crazy, but she's not 107!
R/

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This came out awesome, Carol! Fantastic!

Benzi said...

Your great aunt is sure to love this card. I remember when she turned 106 and it seems like no time ago...how time flies. A big birthday wish for her! I love that font and paper, as well as the proud rooster.