Sunday, May 6, 2012

Perfect Sentiments Blog Hop Cards

I've been making a lot of cards for 2 different blog hops in celebration of National Scrapbooking Weekend. The cards in this post are for the Perfect Sentiments Blog Hop. There are 10 challenges, and I've been able to complete 5. Click the link above for all the details.
First up is Challenge#1 being hosted by Jenn of Paper Expressions. Her challenge is to create a card with scripture as the sentiment. The twist is to let the sentiment be the focus of your card. The scripture I used is by SNSS and I layered it with some Webster's and SU! dsp, ribbon, twine, a button and SB square and scalloped dies for cutting. I added some white gel pen accents on the scalloped punched border. The cocoa-colored cardstock is by the Paper Co.
Next up is Abby's challenge over on ScrappinAbby where she's hosting challenge #2 to make an all-occasion card using only black & white colors. The twist is to use ribbon or twine, keeping with the black & white color theme.
I used a sentiment from the SNSS Your Friendship stamp set, stamping in black and cutting with the SB labels 4 dies. I outlined the larger one with a white gel pen and added some black gems from Pizzazz Aplenty. The ef is Powdered Sugar by Sizzix and the ribbon was in my stash. I made the bow using the bow-easy.
This is for Karen's challenge#5 to make a birthday card and the twist is to use vellum. Be sure to click the link and check out the pretty card she made! I embossed the Sweet Pea image on vellum with white ep, then colored the reverse side with Copics for a real soft look. I attached the vellum with white mini brads and embossed a piece of pink cardstock with a swiss dots ef. The tag was cut with my Cricut, stamped with a SNSS sentiment, and attached with some gold cording and celery green ribbon.
This card is for Sassy's challenge #8 to use the photo for inspiration that she has posted on her blog. The twist is to include the following elements:
  • a stamped, colored image
  • a sentiment must be on the front 
  • a die cut
  • ribbon
  • embossing
The image is from the SNSS Poppies & Greetings clear stamp set, and I colored it with Copics. The sentiment is also by SNSS, and the die cut is a SNSS scalloped ribbon border die that I wove some white satin ribbon through. The embossing was done with a SU! square lattice ef, and the colors are forest green and berry sorbet.
This card was done for Theresa's challenge #10 to create an anything goes card using a die cut. I used an older CB ef, splitting it to leave a space for the ribbon. The butterfly is a Memory Box die cut that I cut from pink cardstock, and the black gems are from Pizzazz Aplenty. The sentiment was done with Versafine Onyx Black ink.
Whew! I've been on a card-making roll for the past day or so, and I still have more to finish and post before the day is over!
Thanks for hanging with me for this long post. I hope you're getting some cards done for your stash too!

Carol


18 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Oh My Gosh, You have been creating machine today. Each one just stunning. I love that paper in your first card. that ef in your second card has to move to the TOP of my list, I may even try to order it today. The Sweet pea is so sweet and dainty and the embossing really highlights your third card. The coloring and your punch with ribbon running through it is such a lovely feminine card. Your last card for this post is just precious as all the others. That butterfly die is so pretty with the flower embossing. Great idea to cut and separate your panels. Keep busy I'm anxious to see more from you,lol

Sassy said...

Hi Carol - Thanks for playing along in the Perfect Sentiment blog hop for NSD and for completing my challenge. I love the poppy image. The embossed background is one I have and just used last week. Your card is gorgeous and I love how the image inspired you!

jimlynn said...

Well, my goodness!!!!! Can't believe all the beautiful cards you've cranked out this weekend! They're all just STUNNING! Love that last one and the beautiful embossing and butterfly on it.
You've been busy but know you're having fun!
Love 'em all.
Lynn

~ Kathy said...

You've been busy! All beautiful, as always! I've been lurking in the cyber shadows, but wanted to let you know I love visiting to see what you've been working on.

paige said...

Carol, your cards are heavenly! So stunning, every one of them! I'm feeling giddy with delight!

Pam said...

Gorgeous cards!!! I had a great time doing the Perfect Sentiments Challenge Blog Hop.

Jennipher said...

First, I am amazed at all that you have done! Second, they are all just beautiful, gorgeous, top-notch cards Carol. We are honored to have you play along in our challenges and the blog hop! God Bless.

Parables of a Crafter said...

Wow!!! You completed so much and they are all so beautiful!! I especially enjoyed the one you did for my challenge!! Great work!!
The winner for the blog hop challenge on Parables of a Crafter will be posted in just a little bit. Thanks for playing along with the Perfect Sentiments Blog Hop Challenge this weekend!

Scrappin Abby said...

Hi Carol..such beautiful cards!! I love how your B/W card turned out for my challenge. I've been thinking about getting the Bow Easy myself. Sorry for the delay in commenting..we just moved and I didn't have access to the internet until today. Thanks for joining us on the hop : )

Joanne (jojot) said...

I can't possibly catch up with your stamping....you are a stamping machine and I have been MIA.....sorry about that....real life sometimes nudges me away from the stamp cave and the computer......however, please know that I am totally blown away by what you have been doing in my absence....wow

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am in total awe of your neverending talents, my friend! This is a symphony of textures! Gorgeous work.

Benzi said...

Absolutely outstanding work on these beautiful cards, Carol! Wow!!! I want to try that vellum technique because it makes the most gorgeous images.

JD/ Jill said...

You continue to amaze me...with all these beautiful cards...but this time I have to honest, and say I have a favorite. the one made with vellum is so stunning. You have definitely inspired me to give it a try. TFS...

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Miss Carol! You have been a Busy Busy Bee! 8-) These are all so Fabulous! LOVE all the Wonderful embossing on each one. The pretty dp's on your first one are just Wonderful. Love the white and black combo on your second one. Your embossed sweet peas on the vellum on the third one are soo Pretty! And I love the Gorgeously colored poppies on your fourth one. And the Beautiful butterfly and sweet gingham ribbon on your 4rth are just Darling too! Couldn't pick a favorite if I tried! Just Love them all Lady! 8-)

Big Hugs
Shannon

krcmasterpiece said...

ohhhhh! You did great Carol! I've just gotten back from vacation & look what I found on my perfect Sentiment NSD challenge.
Your card is beautiful! Hope you loved using vellum as much as me!
Thanks for playing with us.
I'll be announcing my winner after seeing everyone's entries.

Cheryl said...

I love love love the B/W Card you did? I would like to purchase the ef you used by sizzix, but can't seem to find it. Do you remember what it was grouped with or what it is called? THX!

Wendy Weixler said...

I love ALL of these cards!! And you have stumped me AGAIN! Which Sizzix ef did you use on the black & white card? I've searched and searched, but can't seem to find it!!

Let me know ... :)

ronandwendy85@weixfam.com

Sue from Oregon said...

Stunning! The texture on these pretties is so pretty!