Thursday, March 29, 2012

SNSDC47 Make a Joy-Fold Card

Hello and welcome to the SNSDC47. This week we're challenging you to make a joy-fold card. If you've never tried making one, here's a tutorial to show you how.
I'm using the SNSS Cocoa's Leaf digi image, which I colored with Copics. The dsp is from K&Co and I accented with early espresso and bashful blue card stock. The border was done with an EK punch, and I accented with some blue twill. The  Circle was done with 4 different layered punches and a copper leaf brad.

Here's what the card looks like inside, done with some matching embossed gold card stock. I used a TH Sizzix Damask ef and some SU word window and fancy label punches for the sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by and why not give this joy fold a try? There's always a nice prize given away at the end of the month if you're playing along. You aren't required to use SNSS digi images, but we love seeing them when you do!
Have a fantastic Friday and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

13 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

What a cool design, Carol. And what a darling card!

Wendy said...

Oh this is very cute, Carol! Love the little guy on the front & how you colored him! Also love how you created this card! Awesome job! :)

Shannon White said...

Oh I Love this Miss Carol! So Lovely and Cute all at the same time! 8-) Love your Sweet Cocoa and Wonderful dp's and embossing too! I've never tried a Joy fold card, I am going to have to give it a try! Thanks for the inspiration my friend! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Friday!
Shannon

Denise Marzec said...

Soooo cute! I need to try this joy fold..love it!

jimlynn said...

SO cute! Love the joy fold and that little swatch of blue ribbon is just wonderful on this. Such a cute, cute, card!
Lynn

Benzi said...

No, I've never made a joy fold card but yours is so pretty. What a cute sentiment inside to match the outside. Wonderful creation!

downrightcrafty said...

oh gorgeous creation
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

Donna Hanley said...

Carol, fabulous card. I love how you colored Cocoa and the leaf. Looks like a real leaf. Your leaf brad is a cute touch and I love that border punch. The inside of this card is just as pretty as the outside. Talk to you soon.

JD/ Jill said...

This is really adorable, Carol!

Dixie Cochran said...

Now that's a beautiful card! I want to try that design.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You did a fun fold! Love it! Hope you are feeling better.

Elise said...

Yup! There's JOY in there, all right! And I'm grinning ear to ear - SO clever!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a very sweet leaf peaker