Saturday, October 29, 2011

Your Friendship

This card was made for the SNSSIC10 inspirational challenge found here. I'm still drooling over the photo used to inspire this card! Go ahead - click the link & check it out for yourself & you'll understand what I mean :)
I'm also entering this card into the Speedy the Cat's Friend's challenge #79 to use your scraps. I made a promise to myself to stop hoarding my retired dp, so I'm keeping that promise with this card. You might recognize this retired Apple Cider dp from SU! in this card. In addition to a half-used pack, I also have a pack of it that I've never opened yet, can you imagine? It's a disease I tell ya!!
I used scraps of dp and card stock in random widths and adhered them to a piece of scrap card stock, then cut it with the top note die. Afterward, I embossed it using a Sizzix Snow Caps ef. The background was done with a retired Stitched stamp using pumpkin pie ink. The sentiment panel was done with a labels eighteen die, and stamped with a sentiment from the SNSS Your Friendship set. I went around the edges with an orange marker for interest.
I'm hunkered down here in PA, waiting for the few inches of snow that's in our forecast for later today. I guess that means more stamp time for me, along with a big pot of home-made chicken pot pie! Life is good :)
Have a fantastic Saturday and thanks for dropping in to say "hi!"

Carol

10 comments:

Shannon White said...

Oh Miss Carol! I Lov this! Just like a warm and snuggly autumn heirloom quilt! So Artsy and Fabulous! Love every detail!

Hope you have a Super Weekend Lady!

Hugs
Shannon

LeAnne said...

oooh, I see what you mean about the inspiration. You have done a marvelous job with your interpretation of it! Delish! Hey, do you have any retired Christmas paper from last year? I have a friend who wants it--I think it's called Cocoa? And how much snow are you getting? It just started here! Falalalala!

Donna Hanley said...

Carol, I wish I hadn't looked at your inspriation piece. Now I have to go eat something sweet LOL. Great job and I absolutely love that paper, but, at the same time I'm very proud of you being able to use it. It's so hard, though isn't it? I have some like that. Have no idea what I think I'm saving it for. Anyway the embossing is great and I love the ribbon with your cardstock. The sentiment is just perfect. I've got to get that one. Our snow is suppose to start around dinner time here. I guess Jack will be working more overtime for a while if this knocks out as much power as they think it will. I've got my big batch of "Fat Busting" soup I made yesterday so that should be good in a storm. It's a new recipe I tried, kind of like Minestrone soup. We'll see how it tastes. Stay warm and dry, talk soon.

merrymstamper said...

this is fabulous!!! love the combination of papers :-)

it is snowing here for the last few hours...amazing beauty.

merrymstamper said...

this is fabulous!!! love the combination of papers :-)

it is snowing here for the last few hours...amazing beauty.

Susan (rainy) said...

Wonderful card, Carol. It's perfectly inspired. And you're right...drool drool...!! lol

Sue from Oregon said...

I have so many scraps it's not funny...I love YOUR inspiration!

Joanne (jojot) said...

love the strips of dp making up the panel's design...fab idea

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Carol absolutely stunning, I love your card.

Hugs
Anke

Benzi said...

I really LOVE this card, Carol, and your inspiration of truffles is yummy looking. Well, I just had a Reeses cup so I guess that will have to do. Your pot pie sounds great. I made chili tonight, which is a tradition on Halloween. Hubby said it was the best he'd ever had.
What a compliment.