Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dual Sketches

I had time to play along with 2 challenges while the race was on this afternoon, and here's what I came up with. First up is my card for the Sweet Stop Sketch SSS120. I flipped the sketch to make my card, using the Rhubarb's Sunflower digi image from SNSS. The DP is from BG origins and I matted with SU! chocolate chip on all the panels. The sentiment is from the SNSS Your Friendship. I added Glossy Accents to the flower just for a little interest.
This is for the sketch #81 over at the Stars and Stamps blog. I've had this top note die cut in a box for a long time, so today I pulled it out and embossed it for the sketch challenge. I used a flower from the SNSS Your Friendship stamp set, embossing with Versamark and black ep on a piece of retired DP from SU! I added some black accents with the leaves and sentiment panel and this was done super quick and easy.
I hope you're all enjoying a relaxing weekend!

Carol

17 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW...your bear card is toooooo cute Carol! Love how you colored this sweet image! Your embossed card is beautiful too! Hugs ~S~

Julie said...

Cute card, Carol! Love the dry embossing. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Marlene said...

Your papers are perfect in that first card...and your paper piecing is so adorable in the second one! Rock on with your bad self...you're still creating beauties!

Donna Hanley said...

Hi Carol, Both os your cards are top notch. I love the Rhubarb Sunflower and the dp on that card is beautfiul. Your S & S card is lovely. The embossed piece is exceptional. Talk to you later. Off to bed for me.

Cathymac said...

Both cards are so pretty, Carol, but I am a bit partial to Rhubarb! The sunflower looks fabulous with the glossy accents! Thanks for playing along at the Sweet Stop this week..I look forward to seeing your cards!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute Carol...Rhubard is the most adorable bear ever!

Paula S. said...

Beautiful job with the bear image and what a nice sketch on it too. I like the tilted piece behind the image. Wonderful card! I like the embossing of the top note die too!

Anke said...

Wonderful cards Carol, the bear card is so sweet and your embossed card is very pretty.

Hugs
Anke

Wendy said...

Both cards are so cute, Carol! Love your Rhubarb card, the layout and that adorable image! Fabulous cards, Carol! :)

Benzi said...

Sweet, sweet bear card and I like your tilted panel. What would we do without the top note die? It's a very pretty card...great addition in the embossing.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! Both! Love sweet Rhubarb! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop again Carol.

Shannon White said...

Miss Carol these are both soo Sweet! Love your Darling Rhubarb! And you've colored him up so Beautifully! Love that you flipped the sketch. Fab dps too! Just Perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Kerri said...

Lovely cards! Thank you for the inspiration. www.kerripowell.blogspot.com

Shelby Goolsby said...

Carol these are both wonderful!! I love what you did with Rhubarb...so cute.

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards Carol!! That little bear is so cute and your coloring is beautiful! Love the colors on the second card, fabulous embossing!
Hugs, Tammy

Elise said...

THESE are BOTH wonderful, my friend! Your color work never ceases to delight, but also, just your love of the craft shines through in EVERYTHING you do! Such a great share! xoxoxo!

Janice M said...

Carol this is Adorable!! Those BG papers go perfectly with this sunflower Rhubarb! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!