Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Different Kind of Bow Tutorial

I recently posted this card over at SCS and I had a PM from Kathy asking me how I made the bow. It’s really funny how this bow came about, because I made it too large for the card. I’d already glued it down, so I had to try and figure out how to save the card. I decided to try to trim it down a little, and the results were a pleasant surprise! I really liked the way it turned out!

Here’s how I made it in a few easy steps. I hope you can read the instructions by clicking the photos to make them larger. I’m trying Live Writer for the first time for this post since Blogger only allows me to post 5 pictures at a time.

step1Step2

Step3Step4

Step5 Step6

And here is the finished card.

QFTD60

I hope this helps anyone who’s interested in making a bow like mine.

Carol

15 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh wow, Carol....this is cute, cute, CUTE!!! Thanks for the tutorial. I'll have to try it.
Lynn

redwasher1 said...

Carol, this is awesome I love the look and thanks so much for sharing this ribbon tut with us!! I will be using this for sure!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Carol,
Thank you so, so much - you are the best! The tutorial is wonderful - and even I shouldn't butcher another ribbon!

I foresee that this link on your blog will start appearing in blogland - and one day, you will visit someone's blog that you don't know and see your ribbon and a reference to your blog!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wowzer, you are amazing! Love this tutorial, Carol! Your card is beautiful!

Denise Marzec said...

OH COOL! Thanks for posting the tutorial!

JD/ Jill said...

Carol, such a pretty card...and you did a great Tutorial on how you made it...thanks for sharing...

Janice M said...

Awesome Carol, thanks so much!! Will definatly be using this.

Marlene said...

Thank you for that tutorial! Fabulous bow - and so sweet of you to share your technique with us!

Sue from Oregon said...

absolutely gorgeous...I am going to give this one a try!!!

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Carol, this is Fabulous! So creative and looks Super Cute! Thanks for the great tutorial! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Wendy said...

How gorgeous.....the card & your bow!! Thanks for showing us how! :)

Benzi said...

Wow! Carol, this is awesome. I love your pretty bow and thanks for the tutorial. I LOVE your card, too.

Elise said...

From one who considers myself, completely "bow challenged", this is an AWESOME share! YOU da wo-MAN! Thanks, my dear!

Susan S said...

cute ribbon - thanks for sharing

Joanne (jojot) said...

I may definitely have to try this...always looking for a new way to create a fun bow