Sunday, May 29, 2011

Stamp Meet and Some Cards for OWH

Here is the group that got together yesterday for another stamp meet at L&L in Ephrata, PA. It was a small turn-out, but we were all happy stampers and glad to get together again! From the left in the back is Mary, Jen, Cherie, Jill, Korin & Wendy. Seated are myself and Mary Anne. You can see a small portion of the "wall of stamps" behind everyone, so we had fun stamping a variety of images.
This is Mary who always has the greatest smile and you can find her beautiful cards here.
From the left is Korin of Sweet'nSassy stamps, Jen of JetStudio, and a stamper I've long admired and finally got to meet - Wendy of WeeBeeStampin4fun. Wendy's current home is in Joplin MO and she was back in PA on vacation when the tornado struck, so she'll be heading home next week with uncertainty as to what lies ahead. She knows her home is still standing but she told us she knows little else. I can't imagine what it feels like to witness the complete destruction of your town first hand. If you click on the link to her blog, you'll find some photos of Joplin after the catastrophe struck. Keep us posted when you get back home Wendy - we're all hoping for the best!
In addition to stamping some images, I finished these cards for OWH yesterday. I had them pre-cut and partially assembled, and put them all together while I was at the meet. This was a simple sketch that enabled me to use lots of scraps of DP, punched stars & flowers and small pieces of ribbon. They all have the "thinking of you" sentiment with an equal amount of feminine and masculine looks. OWH just reached their 1 millionth card milestone, so I'm contributing more cards to include into their 2nd million card count!
If you celebrate Memorial Day, please remember to pay tribute to those who served and continue to serve this great country of ours. Without them, we wouldn't have this great country to live in! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

10 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great post, my friend! It sure was fun, and the cards you completed for OWH are the best! I need 2 cards for the mail on Tuesday, so I am trying to get them done! Have a great day.

Donna Hanley said...

Hi Carol, I'm glad a good time was had by all yesterday at your stamp meet. I love those cards you made while you were there. I think I might just have to CASE them for my batch of 2nd million card box I hope to be working on this afternoon. I love all of the colors and your flowers are so cute. I just got a new MS flower stamp/punch thingy so I'll try that for my cards today.
Enjoy your holiday weekend.

LeAnne said...

Carol, seeing these photos ALMOST made me feel like I was there with you all! So sorry I missed Wendy, too! Your cards are wonderful and I am sure they'll be very much appreciated!

Joanne Travis said...

It's a beautiful thing to make these cards for the troops!! I'm glad you all had the opportunity to get together for a stamping visit. Wish I could have been there with you.
Have a blessed Memorial Day.

JD/ Jill said...

You made lovely cards yesterday. It was fun, but no one listened to me from last time...remember NO cameras...LOL (I just feel cheated because my camera wouldn't work LOL)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Carol, Your get together sounds like it was fun! Your OWH cards are fabulous too, great use of some of our DP's. Hugs, Jan

Benzi said...

You're so thoughtful and caring to do these cards and each one is just fabulous.
How great to get to meet these ladies...that had to be a lot of fun.
I sure feel for Wendy. Hubby and I went out yesterday and saw some of the horrible damage to 2 of the smaller towns closest to us. Just makes you want to cry.
Back later to check out your other creations...just on a break now from yard work. It's HOT!!!! And, HUMID!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Yep....definitely missing you all and wish I could have been there.

~ Kathy said...

Looks like you had a very crafty weekend! Love the layout for the thinking of you cards - they came out great! And it looks like your embossing folders got a workout.

merrymstamper said...

Aww Carol! Thanks for linking my blog :-) It really was fun to stamp with everyone!