Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Sketch X's 2

Hello everyone, I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Easter weekend! We had a quiet day around here, so I got a little stamping in while dinner was cooking. I made this card for the Sweet Stop Sketch #105 found here. I colored this Sweet'nSassy image with Copics and used Websters DP for the background, adding embossing on one panel with a Sizzix powdered sugar ef. I added 2 small paper flowers and gemstones, and had to add the little bow to cover up a cutting error on the oval panel. Oops!!
I had enough scraps left over from the first card to create another for the Stars & Stamps sketch challenge #66 found here. For this one I used the SU! bird punch, and a Sweet'nSassy sentiment. The butterfly was done with a MS punch, and the heart punched border was done using an EK punch. The embossed panel was done with the same EF I used on the card above, only I sanded it just a little to show some white core. All the DP is by Websters.
We had a picture-perfect day today with all the windows open and we even got the screens in the storm doors. Right now a thunder storm is rolling through, but I don't mind at all after the gorgeous day we had :)
Wishing you all a great week ahead, and thanks so much for stopping by!

Carol

22 comments:

Paula S. said...

Both of these came out really cute! Nice job with the OWH sketch challenge. That bird punch makes a great addition.

Laurel said...

Beautiful cards!

jimlynn said...

Carol, this is just too cute! All those butterflies are wonderful too.
Lynn

Linda said...

Greay card! Love the colors! Isn't this a great sketch-great for leftover? Have a Happy Easter!

Sue from Oregon said...

Such lovely and colorful creations! How fun you got to stamp today!

Brenda said...

I love your bunny card! And I really adore how you used your scraps for the OWH sketch card! Superb card, just love that birdie!

Julie said...

Adorable card, Carol! Love the little birdie. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the bow! Don't you just love it when an "oops" turns into something wonderful! Both cards are darling. Hope you had a wonderful Easter, too, Carol.

Velta said...

Hi Carol ~ Both cards are just darling...Love the first one because of your bunny and the second card is another cutie! Hope you and yours had a very Happy Easter! Thank you for sharing :)

Donna Hanley said...

Carol, both of these cards are adorable. On your first card, your' oops is covered beautifully. I love that ribbon. I, of course, love Bethanny and your papers are just great. On you second card, again, I love the papers and the embellishments all look so nice together. Love the colors also. Now I need to get working on some cards myself after I run a few errands this morning.

Silli said...

Fabulous Carol...I love your coloring, love the papers...Perfect girl!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous card, Carol! I feel like I am in a food coma, and I really didn't eat that much. Too much sampling I guess. Hope you have a great weekend.

Marlene said...

So adorable!! Love those color choices....the paper is beautiful and those butterflies are irresistible!

Dawn Easton said...

Darling cards! Don't you love when you have scraps and can create another card! That's fun!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card! I like how you used the heart edge punch.

Sherry Hickey said...

Two sweet cards, Carol! I love love your colors and must get that bird punch! Thanks for the ideas and inspiration!

Janice M said...

Adorable card Carol!! LOVE that embossing folder, never saw it before! Thanks for joining us this week at THe Sweet Stop!

Jen M said...

Two great cards! I love that bird - just awesome!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are both great, Carol! Love the cute bunny, and I especially love the open space on the bottom card, it draws the eye to that pretty bird!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful cards. Love the whole butterfly theme and colors!

Benzi said...

Both the cards are just adorable. I'm so glad you had a gorgeous Easter. It was sunny all weekend while visiting my son and in the
90's. Just couldn't have asked for a more perfect Easter.
You are turning out some awesome cards, Carol!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweet little bunny....too cute.....like the clean lines on the second card too and the dimensional butterflies