Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pinwheel Card


After seeing a tutorial on the Stars & Stamps blog showing how to make a pinwheel card, I had to give it a try. I used different pieces from a pack of Memory Box paper for this. They're all in soft pinks, greens, and cream colors and look much prettier IRL. I used a Cuttlebug ef for the background (sorry, the name of it escapes me) and used a brad and flower from my stash. The sentiment is by MFP and it was done on a Spellbinders fancy label diecut. This is a great way to use up some of those small scraps you have lying around, so I'll definitely be making more of these!

Carol

17 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ohhhhhhh, I must give this a try also! Thanks for the inspiration, Carol!

Cora said...

Such soft colors. Love the center of this one. I think I need that spellbinders label

Jen said...

So pretty! I love the embossed background - that's a great idea!

jimlynn said...

This is so pretty Carol! Love those soft, beautiful colors too. I'll have to go check out how to make one of these.
Lynn

JD said...

Very pretty Carol, I like the colors that you used. I must give this a try too...tfs...

merrymstamper said...

wow!!! so soft and pretty! I will have to give that a try also. enjoy your day :-)

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful! Wowww!

Barbara said...

Very Pretty, the flower adds a nice touch.

LeAnne said...

This is so springy and fresh---love it!

airbornewife said...

Carol... your card is so pretty. Love the embossing on it.

thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Marlene said...

Super cuteness!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your pinwheel is AWESOME, and makes a wonderful focal point for your beautiful card!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh Carol...I have always wanted to make one of these! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

Benzi said...

OMG, Carol, I have not seen a pinwheel card made this way. I love it! I cut pieces out to make one last week and never put it together. Mine was a lot different than this. Awesome job!!!

Elise said...

This just makes me want to mow the lawn, plant some seeds and have a PICNIC! It's THAT kind of breath taking card fun! Love those colors and TEXTURES - Yeowza!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab pinwheel design...surely a sign of spring and summer to come

Diana Vannoni said...

Love everything about your card and will try to pinwheel. It is amazing how embossed backgrounds really dress up a card. Thanks for the idea.
Ms. Di