Friday, April 22, 2011

Here's to Queen Benzi!

This week over at SCS the QFTD#57 is Brenda/aka Benzi of Benzistampz! Congratulations my sweet friend, you SO deserve this recognition that's finally coming your way! In case you haven't noticed, that's Benzi's blog candy over there -----> on my sidebar, so be sure and check it out!! She's giving away an awesome prize package you won't want to miss!!!
I chose this card in her gallery that used the large rose from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. I stamped the rose on Pale Plum cardstock 3 times and embossed it with eggplant ep. I hand cut the entire flower and smaller portions of it, and popped each layer up using dimensionals. The DP is SU! Cottage Wall and I used a sentiment from the SNSS Poppies and Greetings set. The sentiment panel was done with a Spellbinders Fancy Tag & a SU large oval punch. I added some tiny pearls and some PTI Spring Moss ribbon, and made the bow using a Bow-easy. It's a bit different and embellished a bit more than Brenda's pretty card, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.
Enjoy your reign Queen Brenda, and I hope you're having a fabulous Easter weekend too!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're enjoying your day too!

Carol

8 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Just beautiful!

Donna Hanley said...

I love this card, Carol. The color comobs are great and also the embossing. I also love the little gems and bow you added. Nice job again. No surprise there.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, Carol, Nicely done!

Marlene said...

Very elegant! Happy Easter weekend!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful dimension on the rose!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the dimension you achieved on that beautiful rose!

Marilyn said...

What a stunner of a card Carol - love that big flower!

Benzi said...

I finally got here to see what you've been up to while I've been away. And, what do I find? That beautiful card you cased for me. I love your big flower. Love the ribbon. Gosh, I wonder where my Bow-Easy could me. May never find it. LOL You did a beautiful job and I'm so thankful and honored.