Thursday, December 30, 2010

Three for Thursday

Since Christmas is over, I find I have more time to play challenges, so I made 2 cards for 3 challenges today. First up is the SCS313 sketch challenge. For this card I used an adorable free digi image called Furry Freddy with Flowers that I d/l from SpydersCorner. I know the picture didn't capture it very well, but the red panel is a very high-gloss, striped, embossed piece of card stock I found on a recent shopping trip. The white panel is from the BG white stack, and the black border was done with a new EK punch I just got. The heart borders are stickers from Just-a-Peel......the outline portion on the right, and the tiny inside hearts to the left. I colored the image with Copics, added stickles to the flowers and hearts and the sentiment is by SU!
This card is for the CCMC131 challenge to "Let it Snow" along with the sketch challenge from this week's OWH Sunday Challenge #49. This is the first time I've played along with Create with Connie & Mary, but I liked the fun challenge this week. It's been months since I played along with an OWH challenge, but most of my cards still go to that organization even if I don't get time to do the challenges.
Again, I used another free digi image I d/l from SpydersCorner. This one is called "It's Snowing Kitty." I needed to add to my stash of birthday cards so this is a perfect image for a winter greeting card. I used a plum colored scrap of BG dp for the top panel and embossed it with the Swiss Dots ef. The image was colored with Copics and embellished with stickles. I added some Geo sparklers to the lavender snowflake punches for a little shimmer. The black border was done with a SU! punch and the sentiment was done with SU! oval punches. The sentiment was done with clear mini stamps.
I hope you're all having a super Thursday! Thanks so much for stopping by and spending a few minutes of your day with me :)

Carol

17 comments:

Spyder said...

These are both fabulous! Thank you so much for making them look so good!! I will have to 'borrow' them if that's ok!
(Lyn)

Deb said...

Great cards! I love your cat in the snow. He looks happy to be out in it but our cats are not liking it so much - lol! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

LeAnne said...

CUTE little snow kitty---I am getting ready to post my "snowy" card too!

LeAnne said...

Oops, I forgot to tell you that your Valentine card is CUTE too! LOVE those little hearts and the punched border--awesome!

Debbie Henderson said...

My favorite pet! Your little kitty is adorable! My cats don't particularly like the snow right now! Thanks for playing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Julie said...

Very cute cards! Thanks for joining us at this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sunday Sketch challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are adorable, Carol...

Sue from Oregon said...

you really brought Spyders lil bear to life!

Sharon Huffman said...

Love the kitty playing in the snow. What a smile that will bring to the sender and recipients' faces!

Deanna said...

Just adorable........... I am loving seeing cards that aren't Christmas.......

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGosh...these are just the sweetest cards.....made me smile.....fab use of the SCS sketch

Benzi said...

These are both adorable, Carol. You really made good use of those peel off sticker hearts. Very clever. And your snow kitty is just so cute. Great for a winter birthday.

Denise Marzec said...

Eeeeeek! These are ADORABLE! Love Love LOVE the images and your colors. I especially like that purple/blue combo.

Carrie Gaskin said...

So super cute! Great blue/purple combo - wonderful.

Connie Babbert said...

What a darling image! Thanks for playing along with the Let It Snow challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the color combo, the image and the glitter. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge.

Spyder said...

Hi Carol Just to let you know you have won a freebie digi is my

This Month Spyder Has Spyed

post, please choose any digi from my didi store and I will email it to you.
(Lyn)