Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Challenge and some FUN!

My card today is for MFP's Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #30. This week Geri challenged us to use a circle on our cards. This one is done in Cool Caribbean and white, and the stamp set is by MFT.
On a personal note, I was invited to a stamp get together yesterday where I finally got to meet some fabulous bloggers/friends I've admired and followed for a long time! Here are a few photos from yesterday.
That's LeAnne of Wee Inklings on the left, Korin (the owner of Sweet n Sassy Stamps) in the center, and Denise (the Paper Landscaper) on the right. Just look at those fabulous smiles!!
And here's Denise and LeAnne together. I've followed their blogs since I can't remember when, and I admire their work SO much! It was really exciting to finally meet them in person!
And here's a group shot of all of us. In the front row L to R is Pattie, Denise, Cherie, & Korin. In the back is Janice, my friend Jill of Ribbon Challenged, Me, and LeAnne.
Ladies you all made my day yesterday and I'm SO glad I got to meet you all in person! I just wish I'd taken pictures of all the gorgeous cards everyone created before we headed home!
That's all for me today.........I'm off to watch the last NASCAR race of the year and see who becomes the latest champion! Have a super Sunday!

Carol

stamps - MFT, SU! the Snowflake Spot
ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Cool Caribbean
papers - white, Cool Caribbean
accessories - a borrowed black marker, Copics, Glistening Snow Writer, Dazzling Diamonds, Spellbinders circle and scalloped circles, Spellbinders Label, EK punch, ribbon from my stash, Cuttlebug snowflake ef


13 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Carol! It's great to finally see what you look like. It looks like you all had a fabulous time!
Thanks for joining Speedy's Friends this week, your card is beautiful as always!
Hope you have been doing well and have a Happy Thanksgiving this week!

Wendy said...

Oh Carol, your card is super duper adorable! Love that little penguin & the sentiment is perfect!! :)
I was thrilled to see these pictures posted on Facebook last nite and alittle sad too because i'm not in PA to join you's. Always next year, right? Anyways, it was wonderful to see you all having a good time! I'm glad to have finally seen you to put a face with your name & many beautiful cards i've received from you! Your such a sweetheart! :)
Have a great Sunday & enjoy the race!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What fun, Carol! Now I will know who I am looking for when I walk around AC Moore and Michaels! Janice is the only one I have met, and she is a peach. I am sitting here with an unhappy hubby cause he forgot to put in his Nascar picks for his fantasy team. Oops!

LeAnne said...

Carol, it was wonderful meeting you & your friends and everyone else!! You've inspired me to get out this cute little set and make something with it....maybe with CIRCLEs too!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend...looking forward to seeing you again---hopefully SOON!
Hugs,
LeAnne

~ Kathy said...

Love the little penguin! I suspect time flew right by while you all were crafting and chatting!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your card is adorable! And how cool that you got to meet some of your stamping idols!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh how fun to meet and stamp with other bloggers! Great pictures~~ TFS

Your card is too cute! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

redwasher1 said...

Carol, I love your fabulous card with cute penguin. I really like the way you did that BG!!
Great photo's and it sure looks like you had a great time.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Anke said...

Wonderful photos Carol and your card is beautiful.

Have a nice week.
Anke

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, what a FUN time that was on Saturday. I'm SOOOOO excited that I finally got to meet you after all this time...and I REALLY can't wait to get together again...soon! :)

Benzi said...

Your card is cute, cute, cute! And, just how wonderful it must have been to meet those wonderful stampers. So glad you shared your pictures for us to see.

Unknown said...

Love your card...and what a fun day you must have had!!! You know how much I love Denise (Peanutbee), and I've never had a chance to meet her in real life! Of course, you are on the list of people I'd love to meet someday too! Glad you had a good time, my sweet friend! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

How fun for YOU and for them to meet you too.....what a happy bunch of stampers.....so glad you could all meet.

fab penguin creation as well