Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Realtor's Birthday Card

I know this card looks very similar to the previous post, and that's probably because I love using the combo of the Labels Four and Top Note die cuts together. It might also be because I had a big piece of that pretty turquoise card stock left over that was staring me in the face too! My friend asked me to make a 60th birthday card for her boss (who is a realtor) so what could be more appropriate than a house? This house was a free digi I d/l here. I colored it with Copics and added a little sign for the sentiment, much like a sign you'd see on a property that's for sale. I embossed it with a Tim Holtz Texture Fades ef and swiped the embossed parts with sandy beige ink. I used stickers for the tiny sign at the top showing his age. The card base is Blush Blossom, and it was stamped first with Blush Blossom ink using the weathered backgrounder.
Thanks for stopping by again, and I wish you all a great evening!

Carol

6 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a brilliant idea for this persons birthday, Carol! It a great color card stock, so why not use it! I have missed you the last few days but I am glad to see you back!

JD/ Jill said...

Perfect card for the occasion. I really like the image that you used. Great coloring, and thank you for the link. Have a great day, Hugs, Jill

Diane Jaquay said...

This is wonderful, and the perfect card for a realtor!

Denise Marzec said...

How perfect for a realtor! BEAUTIFULLY colored too, I might add. :)

Anke said...

Wonderful card Carol, great image.

Hugs
Anke

Joanne (jojot) said...

perfect for a realtor....or a new home owner