Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Coffin Treat Holder

I've been seeing these cute coffin boxes lately and decided to try and make one of my own. I found the template on marthastewart.com. I used some Halloween dp that was gifted to me by my friend Heidi, and added a panel to the top that matches the inside lining. I used the MS goo punch to add a border around the lid, and then covered it with glossy accents. I used some awesome Halloween spider web ribbon (also a gift from Heidi) and wrapped that around the box bottom using Scor-tape.
For the top I embossed the SU! raven image with black ep, and then sponged yellow, green and purple inks around a punched circle, then cut and distressed it to fit. For the final touch I added some spiders, punched with a MS punch and dotted the eyes with a Sharpie white marker. I have no idea what I'll do with this Halloween coffin, but I just wanted to make one, and now I've accomplished what I set out to do! I think it's cute in a spooky kind of way, and I thought the dp with skeletons was perfect for this project!
Have a great Friday everyone and Happy Halloween a little early!

Carol

7 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well, you are just too clever for me! This came out so professional looking! Love all the papers and inks you used.

Wendy said...

Oh WOW....Carole this is super cute!! I seen these were a big thing last year and almost attempted to make one but never did. You did a FABULOUS job on this! I love the papers, spiders and the raven image! Awesome Halloween project!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

totally cool...esp. with the added spiders....how creative is this

Diane Jaquay said...

Totally ADORABLE (if a coffin can be considered adorable lol!)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh how absolutely COOL is that!! Love it!!

Spyder said...

Yay, love this, what a great idea, and the kids will love it, or because I'm here late, must have loved it!
Glad you liked the digi!

((Lyn))

Spyder said...

Ps. forgot to say...that's if my last comment went ~ as it just suddenly disappeared (spooky) I've been hunting for a white Sharpie for ever! All I get is blank looks!