Friday, June 18, 2010

Birthday Girl

I had a request to make a birthday card for a little girl who's having her 2nd birthday this weekend. I found this sweet little digi image here. Sliekje offers all her digi images for free and posts a new one each week. She does this because she loves to draw and wants to share her talents with as many people as possible. Isn't that amazing?
I have a lot to learn about coloring digi images, but I fumbled along using my Derwent wc pencils to create this one. I added some red stickles glitter to the little girls hair bows, shoes, buttons and tiny heart on her blouse. I used Nestabilities circles and blossom dies, along with pretty in pink card stock. I embossed the white background with a CB birthday ef, and the 2 is a sticker. Isn't this the cutest little girl?
Thanks for tuning in today, and thanks to Sliekje for your generosity in sharing your artwork! Have a great weekend everyone!

Carol

4 comments:

Sliekje said...

Hi Carol,
the card you made is lovely! I am sure the little girl will love this birthday card :-) And thank you for your nice comments!
Take care, greetings Sliekje and cats

JD/ Jill said...

This is cute, Carol, and thank you for sharing the link...

Elise said...

What an excellent share! YOU so colored this beautifully!!! I am a digi phobe, myself, but this was handled so beautifully, it just may help me be brave about using some images I recently acquired! Thanks for the LOVELY inspiration {you LITTLE inspiration, you!} and DARLING work! I hope the mother of the recipient of this card saves it, archivally-correct, in the baby book... It's a treasure!

Joanne (jojot) said...

precious and sweet in color and image