Friday, February 12, 2010

SSNOTIME#126

I made this card recently and it works for the SSNOTIME126 color challenge this week to use any shades of green and purple together.
I used a soft stone card stock base, adding some random scoring at the top for interest. I stamped the Fifth Avenue Floral rose image with Versamark on plum pudding cardstock and embossed it with white embossing powder. I cut it out and added some MS silver microbeads to some areas, and after that dried I added some crystal tinsel glitter to the remainder. It really does sparkle more IRL than my photo shows. The leaves were created by punching some New Leaf card stock with an oval punch, then running through the crimper. I added a piece of plum pudding satin ribbon and the sentiment by SU! was done in plum pudding ink.
We're still digging out from that wicked blizzard, but we never lost power so I'm grateful for that! A lot of folks didn't come through the storm quite so lucky!!
I wish you a happy weekend and it's going to be a great one! The winter Olympics begin in Vancouver, the first NASCAR cup race for 2010 begins in Daytona (Woot!), Sunday is Valentine's day, and Monday is President's day! Lots to see and do, and maybe catch a few good sales along the way :)
Thanks for stopping by and spending a little of your day with me :)

Carol

6 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Gorgeous card Carol, it is elegant and just plain lovely. Pat

JD/ Jill said...

So beautiful...

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, this is GORGEOUS! Seriously, WOWWW! Love the look of the silver beads on the dark purple!!

Yep, LOTS of fun stuff this weekend. Enjoy it, girlie!

Silke Ledlow said...

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!! OMG - I love this card - Carol!!! Hugs ~S~

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

SO clean and fresh -- I ADORE this -- you have done wonders with that image -- way to go!!! Thanks so much for playing the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beyond gorgeous!! Love the colors and the micro beads!! The leaves are so creative and gorgeous!
hugs,
Chris