Thursday, February 25, 2010

An Enchanted Thank-you


I made this thank-you card today to replace one that I sold yesterday. I think I burned myself out with doing so many challenges, so I decided to just take a break from doing them for a while.
I know you must be tired of seeing these flowers by now because I seem to use this Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set more than any other I own. I always love the way they look on cards, so I continue using them in various colors. This time I stamped the image with Versamark on enchanted evening cardstock and embossed them with white ep. After cutting them out by hand, I popped them up on foam tape, and added some MS silver microbeads to the stamens. The leaves were made from new leaf cardstock and adhered with glue dots. I used enchanted evening ribbon and the Bow-easy to create the little bow, and the sentiment is by SU, done also in enchanted evening.
It's snowing in PA again today, but it's not doing much damage so far. I understand that later on through the day and evening things will intensify and the snow will start accumulating. I hope spring is patiently waiting around the corner for old man winter's final curtain call this year!! Snow is very pretty to look at, but.........well...........you know the drill :)
Have a nice day wherever you are and thanks for spending a little time with me today:)

Carol

7 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

stunning...dramatic and yet CAS

JD/ Jill said...

As always, so nicely done...Hugs, Jill

Sue from Oregon said...

this is so pretty! The colors are so dramatic and each catching...love the dimension. I am having a hard time relating to bad weather this year...we are usually buried with snow here in the NW and today it was 60 and my daffodils are almost a foot high...can you believe that?!!!

Silli said...

Wonderful Carol, I love the colors, love the flowers... BEAUTIFUL!!!!!and so elegant! HUGS

Caryl P said...

This card is stunning! what an impact those flowers make embossed in white on navy. Just gorgeous. I love the leaves too, are they crimped?

Hope the snow stops for you soon. We're lucky in NH to have gotten just rain for the past two days. It would've been well over 2 feet if it was snow!

Denise Marzec said...

...yep, we know the drill. Sigh....more snow. I'm really SICK of it.

LOOOOVE the rich colors on your card. Those big blooms against the white is so striking!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!!