Thursday, December 31, 2009

More Valentines

I have two more Valentine cards to share with you today. First up is this black and gold card I made for the WT119 challenge over on SCS which is to use scallops. I think the edges of this gold doily are scalloped so that's why I chose to use it. I stamped the black cardstock base with Versamark, and then added gold ep and heated it. I stamped the heart from Polka Dot punches with Versamark and embossed that with gold ep too. The tiny hearts were punched with a mini heart punch out of metallic gold card stock. The sentiment is from Happy Heart Day and was embossed with gold ep on black, and layered with gold metallic card stock too. Some gold & black ribbon and this was done! I know it's not made of traditional Valentine colors, but I like the dramatic effect of the black and gold combo.
This card was made for two challenges. First up is the StampBs#39 challenge found here. They're asking us to celebrate their last challenge of the year with old and new....... to use our oldest stamp set along with our newest tool. This card was was also made following the "Our Creative Corner" SASSC46 sketch challenge found here.
I based the card using the first stamp set I ever purchased called "sketch it" by SU! I stamped the heart image with Versamark and embossed it with purple ep. For my newest tool, I used the MS silver Microbeads that I recently purchased. I created a heart stencil with my Cricut and ran a line of Judikins Diamond Glaze around the edges of that heart stencil and added the beads to the center of the embossed heart, and then added a mini punched heart to the center. I scored the edges of the main panel and sponged them with plum pudding ink. The sentiment panel was done with So Many Sayings on a word window punch, and layered with the modern label punch in plum pudding along with 2 tiny silver beads. The tab came from the SU! party punch set and was also stamped with Plum pudding. The DP is bitty box plum pudding and the ribbon is from the same color family. I'm going to send these valentines to our soldiers, and I guess in the back of my mind the purple heart theme kept sticking, but hopefully someone will find it useful to send back home to their loved ones.
I want to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a healthy, happy and prosperous new year in 2010. May your blessings be abundant and may your hearts be filled with love. I'm so grateful for each and every one of you who come to share a tiny part of your day with me. Happy New Year!!!!

Carol

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both cards are stunningly beautiful, Carol! WOW! Lov'em both!

Happy New Year!!

Big hugs~

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my worrrrrrd, these are both beautiful but that black card with the doily heart made me fall off my chair! Seriously, girl, WOWWWWWWW!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh geez, I hit *publish* way too quick. Meant to also say...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, my friend!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what unique and fab V-day cards.....

Happy New Year

Mrs B said...

Great cards! I love the colors you chose!
CindyB

TesaB said...

They are both great cards! The black and gold combination is really striking and wow, purple is wonderful! Beautiful heart stamp!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an elegant card Carol!! Love your colors, design and texture!! Beautiful!!

Happy New Year Carol!! Blessings to you and yours in 2010!

hugs,
Chris