Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

As promised, here are more beautiful RAKS I received this year. This wonderful vintage Santa image card came from Anne Ryan and you can find her gallery on SCS here. Ann has a unique style all her own, and she makes some of the most stunning cards ever! She has a knack for mixing colors, textures and eye-popping ribbons that make for some dazzling cards! Always leaving such encouraging comments for everyone, Anne made me feel right at home as soon as I began posting on SCS. Thanks for your kindness Anne, I wish you a wonderful Christmas!
This is from my penpal Lyn who lives in Australia. Lyn doesn't blog, but she and I have been penpals since I got my first computer many moons ago. We recently discovered that we both make cards, how funny is that! Lyn adds such interesting detail to all of her cards, and I look forward to receiving another special card from her each year
And this fantastic card is from my sweet blogging friend Silke. Silke never makes a so-so card! Her signature silver pearls and awesome color choices put her cards in a league all their own! She floors me with every new card she posts, and I'm amazed with the creativity that she shares with her blog followers. Always up for another challenge, that's Silke! It's been such a pleasure getting to know you this past year and I look forward to learning lots of new ideas from you in the coming year!
And last but certainly not least is this beautiful Iris folding card from Jill. I had the pleasure of meeting Jill in person when she came to my house and taught me how to do Iris folding this past summer. Jill creates one-of-a-kind 3D cards, as well as the Iris folding and other techniques. You should click on her name above and check out some of her amazing creations! Jill is having a difficult year with illness in her family, so here's wishing you a better 2010 my friend! This card is just beautiful and I'll always treasure it!

I guess that wraps up the RAKS for this year, so let's bring on Christmas and make the best of the remaining year! A very merry Christmas to everyone!

Carol

5 comments:

Silli said...

wonderful raks Carol...I hope you enjoy the christmastime.... I wish you all the best! Hugs Silke

The Rubber Maid said...

Merry Christmas good buddy ! Hope you enjoy this special day and the happiest 2010. Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

I loved today's Rak's, Carol! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Have a blessed day my friend!
Merry Christmas!

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous! They put my simple little things to shame....how wonderful to have friends all over the world!

Silke Ledlow said...

Merry Christmas - Carol!!! Hope you had a wonderful day with your family?!?

I'm so happy you liked my card :)!!! I received yours too and it's so beautiful!!! Thank you for thinking of me!!! Hugs ~S~