Friday, November 6, 2009

StampinB Christmas card


The challenge today at the StampinB's blog is to make a Christmas card. This awesome stamped image was sent to me by Michelle of StampersDream.com (thanks Michelle) and I just got around to coloring it. I cut the image out using a Nestability die and lightly sponged it with bashful blue while it was still in the die. I used Tombows and a wet brush, along with some glitter pens and markers to color the image. I added some snow-writer accents to the marshmallows and whipped cream for a little sparkle. I used various colors of Stickles on the snowflakes in the background, and punched 3 different sizes of snowflakes for accents, using prussian blue, bashful blue, and white card stocks. I added diamond stickles on the punched snowflakes, putting a clear rhinestone in the center of each one. I used a Nestability trio die for the label, and the ribbon was from my stash. The sentiment is from a PTI set and seemed perfect for the image.
Thanks for the great challenge and thanks for stopping by on this Friday. Enjoy your weekend!!
Carol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable, Carol! Wow, I bet this card is so sparkly! I love the image and all those snowflakes! You colored this so perfectly! LOVE IT!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super duper cute card - Carol!!! Perfect take in the Challenge!!! This image is darlin' and I love how you colored it!!! Hugs ~S~

Sue from Oregon said...

Holy Cow...I can't keep up with you LOL..you are a stampin' fool! Love this Christmasy card!