Friday, November 27, 2009

Something Fishy

Good morning everyone - I hope you all enjoyed a great Thanksgiving and are about to enjoy your black Friday. As for me, I haven't gone out shopping on a black Friday since I was a young adult. I'm too civilized to deal with the frenzied crowds, and stores inciting stampedes with advertised sales that only a select few are able to take advantage of.
A customer asked me to make a birthday card for her DH with something "fishy" and this card is the result. I've used this set so often that it took me a while to come up with a different idea. I stamped the "on the fly" set with chocolate chip ink on kraft and colored it in with chalks and added touches of gold and silver deco pens on the fish and fishing line. I took a brown marker and drew the lines around the image, stopping just short of the sentiment. It's one of the quickest cards I've ever made, and I really like the masculine feel of it. I hope she likes this one as much as I enjoyed making it for her.
Happy shopping everyone!

Carol

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

VERY nicely done....don't you love it when it's quick AND wonderful!
Hope you had a happy t-day! We watched the Cavalcade of Bands at the Boyertown football game yesterday, then the "men" watched the Bears lose...too bad! I was thinking about you!;D

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome masculine card!!

....hehe, I had to laugh when reading LeAnne's comment because I was thinking of you yesterday too when we were on our way to Boyertown for turkey day dinner.

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab masculine card....

The Rubber Maid said...

Wonderful "man" card and you sure did it up nicely. I went out today and couldn't believe that the store was almost empty. Did I scare them all away? Happy weekend. Pat

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautifully designed card, Carol.

And I'm totally with you on the whole shopping thing. It's been years since I've ventured out on Black Friday!

Anonymous said...

Awesome masculine card, Carol! I love how simple this is. I have some of these images in my stash, so I am gonna put this into my fav's to case on a day that I need a masculine card. Thanks for sharing! I love it!