Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just Under the Wire!

Whew! I'm posting this a week late for the MMSC27 but I have until midnight to get this posted. There's already a MMSC28 posted for this week, but I'll hopefully get to that a little later.
I used this gorgeous North Woods image, stamping it with Versafine Onyx Black and embossing it with clear ep before coloring it with Tombows. It's matted with Ruby Red cardstock. I used the Fleur de lis Pendant die on turquoise cardstock for the corner accents, and a MS arch lattice punch for the lower border. On the white cardstock base, I went around the edges with a gold deco pen, and stamped the Verve Christmas Poinsettia with versamark and embossed with gold jewel ep. The bottom accent was done with a Blossom Nestie in turquoise and embossed gold, and a punched poinsettia (punch by Carl) that was dotted with a gold deco pen. I added some hunter green ferns punched with a MS pine bough branch and added a topaz gemstone brad. The sentiment (by Verve) was done on PTI white, stamped in versafine onyx black and edged with a gold deco pen. For a final touch, I dotted the center of the flowers with yellow stickles and added a touch of silver deco pen to the ribbon on the flower pot.
Now I need to get busy and play catch-up! I was nursing a tender hand last week, but I'm feeling better now and hopefully I can catch up on some of my lost challenges! Christmas is coming!!!
Take care, and have a wonderful Tuesday!

Carol

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oooooooh, beautiful!! LOOOOOOVE the gold edging around the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, this is beautiful, Carol! I can't pick out just one thing I like...I love it all! Awesome job on the challenge! :)

Silli said...

Carol, your card is so beautiful and elegant...I love the flowers and the colors. Great! Hugs Silke

Joanne (jojot) said...

oh my gosh, my golly.....ain't this the most precious and gorgeous card....good workin' gf

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely card and you know my feelings...better late then never. Glad you tendinitis is better as that can be so painful. Have a great week Carol. Pat

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - how could I have missed this GORGOEUS CARD...??? Thank goodness I have blog reader...LOL!!! This is stunning!!! Love this poinsettia image!!! Hugs ~S~

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Carol - I am glad that your hand is feeling better and you were able to play along this week - what a fabulous card too! I love that image - you have coloured it so beautifully! I am glad that we didn't miss seeing this one!! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Medness Sketch Challenge, I look forward to seeing what you do next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Be still my heart, this is fabulous, what a wonderful card to view yet today. I am beginning to love the Northwoods stamps, so much details and they are such a pleasure. WOW, thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness, hope you can join us on 28.

Jane MMSC DT

Carol Hurlock said...

Holy smokes, this is phenomenal. I need a coloring lesson from you!!! Let me pick my jaw up off the floor and wipe the drool from the corner of my mouth. This with out a doubt a very exceptional card. I am in awe of your creativity. Thanks so much for playing along with us. It is such a thrill to come here to view your work and be inspired!!!

Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team