Saturday, October 24, 2009

C4C8_Navy Christmas Card


It's been another rainy weekend here in PA, so I decided to make another card while my stuffed shells are baking in the oven. I made this for the Crazy4Challenges#8, where this week the challenge is all Geometric. We're supposed to use 3 different geometric shapes, so for mine I used a square, a triangle and a circle. I used Night of Navy for the card base, and added white, PTI bitty box dsp and Bashful Blue. I scored the white panel diagonally just for interest, but I liked the way it turned out once I finished with it. The sentiment is from PTI and stamped with night of navy and bashful blue. The vertical panel was embossed with the snowflake ef and a few snowflake Geo sparklers were added for a touch of dazzle. I used a scalloped circle, and plain circle punches for the sentiment.
That's it for me in my stamp room for this day. I'm going to eat dinner and watch the Nationwide race that just came on a little while ago. Have a wonderful evening!!!

8 comments:

Davi said...

Very pretty card. I love the embossing and your color choice. Really nice!

StampOwl said...

loving all the shapes & texture on this one

Silke Ledlow said...

Yep - when it rains ....the best thing to do is to stamp :)!!! I'll be doing this shortly too :)!!!

Your C4C card is awesome....love all the different shapes you added to the card plus the embossing is perfect too!!! Beautiful challenge card - Carol!!! Hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

OH WOWWWW! I just love that diagonal scoring!! WOWWWWWW!

Kristin Eberline said...

WOW!!! This color combo is STUNNING!!! It REALLY catches the eye! Great job adding the different geometric shapes also. Your Christmas card is spectacular!

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

beautiful card, great colour combo.. so classy, love the embossing with the added sparkle.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, Carol! So many things to see on this. I LOVE it!!! :)

Andrea M said...

Wow! Great card! You really nailed the geometric challenge :)