Monday, October 5, 2009

Birthday RAKS

I wanted to share some beautiful birthday cards I received recently from some of the greatest blogging card makers and friends I've come to know! First is this gorgeous Autumn themed card from LeAnne of WeeInklings. Her coloring skills are just AMAZING and I love how she used the tab punch with the corduroy button on this great card! I really love the sentiment on this beautiful card too! Thanks LeAnne {{hugs}} You're a extremely talented and wonderful friend and it's been such a pleasure getting to know you :)
This beauty is from none other than Silke Ledlow. I've long admired her fabulous cardmaking skills and this card is incredibly detailed. It has her signature silver pearls (click the picture) all over the cake, and some perfect layering and embossing. Silke also totally surprised me when she sent a fabulous box of goodies for which I'm SO grateful! Thanks g/f...........it's been such a joy getting to know you!! {{hugs}}

This great card is from a designer that I've long admired..........Denise Marzec of the PaperLandscaper. This girl just doesn't know how to make a bad card! Everything she creates is magic! This card is beautifully colored and detailed and of course it's done in my favorite color!! Thanks and {{hugs}} for this wonderful card you surprised me with! Maybe one day we'll meet in person and we can talk NASCAR since we're both such big fans :) You know I'm a happy camper after yesterday's race *wink wink*


This beautiful card is from Jill, aka JD from RibbonChallenged. Jill lives right around the corner from me, and I had the pleasure of having her at my home recently where she taught me some of her fabulous cardmaking skills, such as Iris Folding. This beautiful card is so detailed with paper folding that I can't imagine the patience it took to create it! All of the diamond shapes in the circle are cut and folded pieces of paper!! The center is layered to look 3D, and you need to see this IRL to fully appreciate the time it takes to create something like this! Thanks Jill, this is a beautiful card and I'll always treasure it. Big thank-you {{hugs}} and prayers going your way today for both you and your Mom. I hope you're both doing well today.
Am I a lucky girl or what? Last year I started a scrapbook for all the RAKS I've received, and all of these treasured cards will have a special place in that book!! Ladies, you've all made my birthday very special and I send my heartfelt thanks to each of you for making me feel so loved!!!
Have a wonderful Monday and thanks for stopping by :)
Carol


2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

well....please accept my belated birthday wishes.....so when was the actual day??? Inquiring minds want to know......Hope your day was filled with all the things/people that bring you joy!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh my look at all these awesome RAK's!!! Glad you liked the one I mailed you :)!!! Hugs ~S~