Saturday, August 15, 2009

StampinB's #19

I'm a day late posting this challenge, but that's nothing new for me :) This is for the StampinB's challenge hosted this week by Faith, who asks us to use at least 2 diecuts on our cards. I started with a base of Blush Blossom and added some SU! and PTI designer papers, both cut with the Top Note die. I punched the edge of the yellow & white panel with an EK tiny scallop border and layered it on the green. The flower is also a diecut, done in Groovy Guava and rubbed with the inkpad after cutting. I snipped the petals apart and curled them, but when I attached it to the card, all of that extra detail disappeared LOL The long leaf stems are diecuts too, while the smaller ferns are done with EK and MS punches in various shades of green and blush scraps. The sentiment panel is also a die cut from Nestabilities and stamped with a sentiment from the Upsy Daisy stamp set. I colored a white flower with Blush Blossom reinker and added a few Kaiser Blush pearls for interest. The colors are much prettier IRL than this wonky photograph shows, but it was the best I could come up with under the circumstances.
Thanks to all the ladies at StampinB's for their fun weekly challenges, and thanks to you for stopping by too!
Have a great weekend!

Carol

3 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Really like these colors together...You are making me want to get my "Big Kick" out and die cut!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - this is gorgeous!!! Perfect designed card - love it!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhh....CAROL....seriously, girl, this is STUNNING! WOW WOW WOW!!