Friday, August 21, 2009

A Double Challenge

After playing with this photo endlessly, I've come to the conclusion that I need some new lights to photograph my cards! The colors on this card are soft Baja Breeze and it looks wonky, I mean SERIOUSLY wonky! Oh well, that's enough of my gripefest for one day LOL
This card meets the StampinB's challenge to use chalk, as well as the LSC234 challenge to create a masculine card with no flowers, ribbon or bling. I started with a Baja Breeze base and layered with Baja Breeze dsp and chocolate chip. The image was stamped with Versamark on a piece of Sweet Slumber specialty dsp (retired) and embossed with chocolate ep. I made a frame from a Nestability and masked off the image and colored it with blue chalk. I used a Tombow marker to create faux stitching around the frame. The two sentiment panels were from a HA stamp set. I added a large pewter eyelet in the center of the circles to match the brads on the corners of the main image. Brown and tan hemp were tied to the tiny tag.
Hopefully the next time I make a post I'll have better pictures!
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

5 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

WOW!! I think this looks fabulous... SERIOUSLY fabulous!! Love this Carol.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Regardless of the lighting, this card looks fabulous!!! Love the colors and the train is awesome. What a magnificent job on the LSC today!!

JD/ Jill said...

The photo does not look wonky to me, the colors and card look lovely

Denise Marzec said...

This is TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!

I soooooo wish you could have been with us yesterday for our shopping trip. I'd really LOVE to meet you some day. We live so close!

...and I can't believe I've held off for so long on the Scor-Pal either! :)

LeAnne said...

This is a seriously COOL card!
I know, photographing is such a challenge. I just made a quickie light box and my pix still stink.