Tuesday, July 7, 2009

KSS Challenge #15

I finished my KSS #15 challenge card this afternoon. Lisa gave us a great sketch challenge this week and I wanted to use the new Impressabilities I got at my LSS yesterday. If you click on the picture, you can see the embossing a little better. It's a subtle impression but I really like the look! I wasn't sure if I preferred the front or the reverse side - both looked pretty cool. You'll have to check out the KSS new release..........you're going to love these new stamps! I know I do!
I used 2 little scraps of green cardstock and dsp for this one, layering in black on a white card base. I used the MS doily punch for the borders, and added some white dew drops and a black brad, along with 2 different ribbons. I stamped the Honey Bunney (my favorite KSS) with cool grey, london fog, charcoal and basic grey inks. I pierced the edges and faux stitched them with a green Tombow marker. The sentiment was done by using parts of 2 sentiments in the Honey Bunny set, and as I'm looking at it, I'm thinking I might add the word "hoppy" in front of Birthday. I don't know why that didn't occur to me while I actually made the card.......der!
Ok, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

Carol

6 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Cute bright and perky card and I think adding the hoppy would work real nicely. Pat

Lisa Somerville said...

Love your color choice Carol -thanks for playing along with the KSS Challenge!

JD said...

Very nicely done...

Lynn said...

Love the colors you have chosen for this delightful card!! What beautiful work!! Fabulous detailing!!

Kitchen Sink Stamps said...

Love the striking look for green and black and the way you show off the Impressabilities... very cool! Fabulous job on the sketch Carol! So glad you could play with us! :D

Angela Knopf said...

I love the green and black...and you used my very favorite set! Great take on the challenge, good luck!