Monday, July 20, 2009

Iris Folding

My apologies first for posting such a wonky photo of this card. It's colors are much prettier than what it shows here, but this is the 7th photo, so I'm not playing around with this anymore! LOL
Jill, otherwise known as JD from the blog world, stopped over at my house last week to show me a technique I'd never tried before - Iris Folding. We live just a couple miles from one another and after months of on-line communicating, emailing and PMing, we finally got together to share some techniques with one another. I was taken with iris folding immediately, and this is what I've been playing with lately. It's a great way to use up those scraps of pretty paper you don't know what to do with. I used pretty in pink cardstock and scraps of green and pink dsps from my monstrous stash. I added 2 flowers and a gemstone in the center for added interest, and faux stitched around the edges with a green marker. The sentiment is from SU and was stamped in dark green and rose red.
I know I'm going to be making more of these cards for special occasions to surprise friends and family. They're quite large, using a standard 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock folded in the middle, but they are really quite different from what I'm used to working with.
If you want to see some of Jill's unbelievable cards, click on her blog RIBBON CHALLENGED on my sidebar, or click the link above to take you to her blog. Thanks Jill, I enjoyed our time together and the knowledge you shared with me. I look forward to learning some of your other special card-making skills in the future:)

Carol

4 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Hi Carol, I am really getting old (no comments please--but it is true) I thought I had already commented on this card, but I can't find one, so I guess I didn't. You did a GREAT job with this. I knew you would like this technique. I only do the beginner patterns, maybe you can learn the harder patterns and teach me...smile...Thank you for sharing this card, and I hope we can get together again. And thank you for having your blog otherwise, we probably would have never met.

Denise Marzec said...

Wowie!! Awesome!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! How fun - I have done iris folding but never on that large a scale. I will check out her blog! TFS!

theneon said...

What a beautiful card. You've done a great job with it.